someone help me please...not sure what to do

Options
Hey Guys,

Ok i need some advice and suggestions...
Im about 5'8'' and 140 lbs - i dont know if i can loose much weight as i have tried so hard in the past - my hips, thighs and stomach are awfully flabby though and need some advice on what exercises would be best for me - i dont have access to a gym any suggestions?

Replies

• penniepie
    penniepie Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Ok i need some advice and suggestions...
    Im about 5'8'' and 140 lbs - i dont know if i can loose much weight as i have tried so hard in the past - my hips, thighs and stomach are awfully flabby though and need some advice on what exercises would be best for me - i dont have access to a gym any suggestions?
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    5"8 @ 140 you dont need to loose anyweight. You just need to tone up. Get a chair and step up and step down. Do 5 sets of 30. For your arms you can use the same chair and do knee bends. Knee bends are hold your arms on the edge of the chair and push your self down with your arms like if your going to set on the floor. Then lift your self back up to sitting pisition. Running tones your body also. You can also get a tae bo tape. Lots of crunches.
  • robotabot
    Options
    if you download itunes, i'd recommend downloading the yogamazing podcast for free. it's a video podcast of instructional yoga videos, and you can either put them on your ipod to hook up to the tv, or watch them on your computer screen, assuming your home computer is in a big enough room to do yoga in.
  • penniepie
    penniepie Posts: 37
    Options
    thanks!

How long do you suggest running/jogging for and do you think intervals is the best?
    I have just started jumping rope but find i can only do about 15 minutes
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    you are suppose to run for at least 20 minutes 30 minutes is better.
  • icks90
    icks90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like to run outside for just under 30 minutes. I am a slow runner, so it takes me about 27 minutes to run 2.5 miles. I love it!! I also have done some swimming, so if you have access to a pool, swimming laps has helped me tone up in the past!! I need to get back into it myself!!
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Jumping rope was always too tiring for me :wink:
    Try running or riding a bike.
    I found great music for running on www.nikesportmusicmedia.com/
    www.shape.com has some exercise videos or workouts illustrated with pictures - choose the one You like :smile:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I would like to encourage you to try bellydance...there's nothing like it for toning a femine body...plus it doesn't feel like a workout, its so much fun...you get your toning and cardio all wrapped up in one package...alot of people don't think bellydance is a good workout, but if you try it, the next day you'll feel sore as if you had been weight training...I used to work for the military and always thought our military folk were the most fit people I knew, all that running and weight training...that was before I started working out with dancers!

There are other forms of dance that are more strenuous, bellydance is in the low impact category.
  • laurae
    laurae Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    www.cathe.com has my favorite home workout DVDs. She is an excellant instructor for working with weights. She allows adequate time for rests between sets and her cueing is great!