Does anybody know of an effective cheap total body cleanse?

Options
I'm about to start a 90 day challenge and i've heard something good to do before a new diet or exercise is to do maybe a juice cleanse or detox for so many days.

Does anybody have more info or recommendations for something like this?

Replies

• naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've looked quite extensively into them, and not found one that I was totally happy with that wouldn't cost me a small fortune by the time i'd bought enough stuff for it.

I think just eating raw organic vegetables (and include pulses, beans, nuts or quinoa for protein if you're going to do it for any length of time) and drinking plenty of water (bonus points for mineral water) is a reasonable compromise between over the top and ineffective.

Cutting down/out cigarettes, caffiene and reducing high salt and sugar levels will all help your body to function efficiently too, but I bet the replies will be divided between if a detox actually does what is said on the tin or is necessary or not!
  • sarahmoore6172
    sarahmoore6172 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    it's been proven detoxs are a waste of time and money, thats why we have a liver. Healthy eating should be considered normal eating and should ideally be year long and not sporadic. Save your money and just eat normally and dont go for the overhyped rubbish that charlatons with no knowledge or training spurt out every new year to make you part with your hard earned cash.