The food you love

Options
What is the food you love ? The food you have on your cheat days ? The healthy option of the food ?

I love all kinds of pastas ; spaghetti, carbonara, pesto ect.
I used to have it at least twice a week, but it wasnt really healthy so i cut it off, but i couldnt really cut it off complitely, i needed to find other option, so i can eat it on my diet. Now all the pastas i have are from wholemeal pasta with veggies and as less fat as its possible :wink:

What is your food that you love ?

Replies

• meggy_182
    meggy_182 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I always eat pasta before a long work out or run. :wink: I get to enjoy it, then use the carbs to work out

Curry's are probably my biggest food love. Naan breads, rice, popadoms! Although, after speaking to the people at my local indian, they offered me healthy curry options :laugh:
    Although sadly I can't eat it once or twice a week like before
  • jenxya
    jenxya Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i looooove pasta also! but i think my biggest food on a cheat day is just a nice, big, awesome BURGER with fries & ranch. TASTYYYYYY :) definitely getting some In-N-Out for my next cheat day :)
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I've rediscovered my love of curry and rice in recent months. I'll occasionally have those when I have enough calories spare - I got bored of curry for a while but it's quickly become my favourite food again!

Pizza is another big one, but with the Pizza Express Gustosa coming in at a total of 440 calories I could have that pretty regularly if I wanted. I am starting to lose my love for pizza, though. It used to be my favourite, now I can do without.
  • katieslosingit
    Options
    I absolutely love rice and potatoes, I could eat them all day, every day. But, I have learned to control that to a minimum haha
  • Fruit_Girl
    Fruit_Girl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can switch to tofu shiritaki. If you wash it really well before preparing it tastes just like pasta for like twenty calories per serving. On my cheat days I like to have chinese, but even then I try to opt for healthy options. Also...my number one weekness is Reese's. I loooove them.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I love fries specifically from chik fil a, so no way around it, I just have it once a week if I plan to eat them
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    White potatoes! Any form, but specifically fries or mashed. My next treat meal I am definitely going to include some mashed potatoes or a few french fries :)
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, hands down.

fave ice cream flavor, but now more likely to be found in my diary mixed with oatmeal or in a protein shake. still divine.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Pad Thai. Omg Pad Thai. Sigh.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Pad Thai. Omg Pad Thai. Sigh. I can eat obscene amounts of it :(

Gah, sorry, didn't mean to post twice. Guess I really like the stuff :P
  • BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly on a whole wheat bagel! Ohh so good. So I don't even buy them often anymore. Usually I will just go to Price Chopper and buy one bagel and have it for breakfast. If I buy a whole bag... Uh ohhhh! :) Cheat meal this week... Oh I think so! Bagels are so calorie loaded!

Oh and Chinese food!
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Yum YES I love pad thai! All these posts lately about the junk you love is not so good for my cravings haha!
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I like to eat pizza , but it has to many calories. So I'm looking into buying pita bread to use as crust , and then use very little cheese and just one or two table spoon of sauce . I haven't tried them yet , but it sounds like a good substitute for for my regular unhealthy pizza.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options

I second that ( or is it third by now ) . Pad Thai is sooo awesome, second only to Thai Chicken Curry
  • Ladyloraella
    Ladyloraella Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Chicken Korma and Chips! (Fries)