bad day

Options
so i killed my diet yesterday by eating like i used to, a pig! lol i have been eating great past two weeks and have seen great results. Think i gained a few just from eating yesterday alone, but since i started dieting i have lost like 10 pounds. What are people's thoughts on cheating on a diet every now and then?

Replies

• ang1977
    ang1977 Posts: 21
    Options
    It's gonna happen! I try to take it in stride and now that tomorrow is a new day. I'll set a new goal for myself if I cheat, like 1 extra mile walked or 40 more squats. Something that helps me not feel so bad for cheating.
  • heygirl1954
    heygirl1954 Posts: 92
    Options
    I have been told you have to have a free day, maybe once a week to fool your body..It works for me.
  • heygirl1954
    heygirl1954 Posts: 92
    Options
    I have been told you have to have a free day, maybe once a week to fool your body..It works for me.
  • PFlobb
    PFlobb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. My Dr. had me on 800 calories a day & I lost 3lbs. I went back to 1200 calories yesterday and today I showed a 2lb gain. I am very frustrated.
  • PFlobb
    Options
    When the Dr. had me on 800 calories, I wasn't supposed to work out. Now that I am up to 1200 calories I can start my walking again. Hopefully that will help.
  • PFlobb
    Options
    The main thing about dieting is learning how to eat correctly & not feeling deprived. When you feel deprived of the foods you love, eventually you give in & binge. That's kind of what happened to me day before yesterday. I was really tempted again today, but so far have not done anything stupid.

I suggest trying to figure out how to work the foods you love into your diet so you can still enjoy them. Maybe try portion control. If it is a favorite recipe, look for ways to make it with fewer calories. If it's your favorite restaurant, see if you can get a half portion. If not, box half of it up in a to go box before you start eating.
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    having quit so many times, I think that you'll really just have to allow yourself some moments/days where you're gonna slide back a little. Not saying that you should do it on multiple occasions in succession, but just know that some days will be harder than others, forgive yourself and then move on from it.

With me, when I dwelled too much on the fact that I cheated or fell off the wagon...I depressed myself enough that I ended up just eating more just to make myself feel better, or just quitting. You can be hard on yourself, but you can also pick yourself back up, forgive yourself for the laps and then keep going :)

Hope that helps!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a diet and it won't be cheating. That's not to say you should eat junk food all the time, but I think we are bound to fail if we don't allow ourselves a treat once in a while. After all, what fun is life if you can't have your cake and eat it too?:laugh: