Looking for Montivation and for others with PCOS too!

Options
Hi, i just joined MFP a few days ago i'm getting aquainted with everything there is to offer I really am enjoying learning how to eat better and also how much exercising really does make you feel good! I have a problem with drinking enough water and learning to love fresh vegetables for snacks. I have a couple of goals for weight loss but mostly i just want to have more energy and live longer. I have something called PCOS anyone else here have this? I look for motivation from anyone willing to offer it! Thanks for reading,
Cheri

Replies

• bride2bcharl
    Options
    Hi, i just joined MFP a few days ago i'm getting aquainted with everything there is to offer I really am enjoying learning how to eat better and also how much exercising really does make you feel good! I have a problem with drinking enough water and learning to love fresh vegetables for snacks. I have a couple of goals for weight loss but mostly i just want to have more energy and live longer. I have something called PCOS anyone else here have this? I look for motivation from anyone willing to offer it! Thanks for reading,
    Cheri

Hi chick, I'm also new here and also have pcos, I was diagnosed with it when I was 17 and I have other conditions that are linked with pcos, I'm hoping to lose a few stone for my health reasons but a fertility and also my wedding in august so I need some support like you :) I have a good friend on here who has lost 4 and a half stone he has done so well, and he has also gave me and my partner a early wedding present by paying for us for the gym membership for 8 months, so I start tomorrow, wish me luck, and if you want some support like me feel free to add me as a friend xxxx
  • kellykelz86
    kellykelz86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,
    I have pcos too.. I joined awhile ago but last week was my first week of actually stickin with it and ive already lost 8lbs. Everyone is so nice and helpful on here ur gunna love it! Kelly
  • tara00780
    Options
    hi
    ive just joined today and have pcos, it feels like a ongoing battle.
    i have stoped with gluten and feeling so much lighter and feeling better on the inside
  • TyShaBee
    TyShaBee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just joined in the last couple of weeks. However have not been very faithful to anything related to food or exercise. I got a really bad cold just after signing up. Nothing tastes good and after working all day have no energy to anything after work. Saturday, I took a nap in the morning and snoozed all afternoon and fell asleep on the couch at 7:30pm. Feel a little better. Wishing I could kick this cold to the curb. Tomorrow will be a new day!
  • meetingmygoal12
    Options
    So tara00780 you are doing gluten free diet then?
  • lmgjmg
    lmgjmg Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone...I just joined a few days ago. I feel that it is easier than WW. We shall see!
  • becktoriatralala
    becktoriatralala Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ladies! Great first steps! I have been logging on here since September...and within the first month, I started my period after TWO years of not having one (one of those years being off birth control). Since then I have had a regular period for the first time since I started my period! The only time I was regular was when I was on birth control, with the excpetion of the last year I was on it! I'm not a doctor, but I like to look into research on lots of medical issues...what I have learned is the best way to control PCOS symptoms is to loose weight! Fat uses sugars/calories differently...or something like that but with insulin resistence...I dunno, but getting rid of excess fat is the first step! I don't take metformin any more, it gave me the worst IBS! (Salad came out looking the same as it went in, not a good thing at all!) I'm so excited for you all!
    Now if only I could permanently get rid of this beard! I've been doing laser treatments for YEARS! and before that electrolosis! and I take spironolactone! oh well! least of my worries!
    Good luck ladies!
  • asuicidalkissx3
    Options
    I have PCOS also and I was wondering what works best for all of you for workouts/diet programs.
  • newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I have PCOS; there is a bunch of us on here. There is a PCOS group as well. Look under "Community" and "Groups." It should pop up as one of the popular groups. Feel free to add me as a friend as well if you would like.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Bump