Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    No, they are very nutritious. Eat them!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    No, they are very nutritious. Eat them!

Agree!!
  • then why are they given such a bad rep?
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 410 Member
    Because some people like to be extreme with their fad diets! Because some people have medical issues! Because some people don't know what they are talking about!! Take your pick!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    cholesterol
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    I eat the whole egg. Eggs are nutritious.
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 158 Member
    Definitely eat them... they are delicious and good for you!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    then why are they given such a bad rep?

Partially because they contain a lot of cholesterol, and it was (wrongly) believed that dietary cholesterol affected cholesterol levels in the blood.

Partially because they are high in fat. Yum :)
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Because some people like to be extreme with their fad diets! Because some people have medical issues! Because some people don't know what they are talking about!! Take your pick!

Hahaha these too.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    I eat two eggs everyday for breakfast (omelette). Both the whites and the yolks.

The yolk has loads of goodies in it.

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html
  • I eat two eggs everyday for breakfast (omelette). Both the whites and the yolks.

The yolk has loads of goodies in it.

that article really helped :)
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    i personally pass on the yolks most of the time. if i have an omelet or scrambled eggs i just use the whites. if its a plain ole fried egg i am having i love runny yolks
  • I eat eggs (WITH YOLK) every day.

I don't have a lot of time to prepare food and eggs are so easy. I always tell myself that one day I will have an egg white sandwich or something but I haven't been able to give up the yolk yet! lol

After reading all your posts, it doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with eating the yolk, so I am happy to hear that! :)
  • amyhollar
    amyhollar Posts: 107 Member
    If you don’t include the yolk, you’re cutting out half the protein, 90% of the calcium, 93% of the iron, 96% of the B6, 95% of the folate, 91% of the B12, and all of the carotenoids, DHA (essential fatty acid), and vitamins A, E, D, and K!

And for what? To eliminate the cholesterol and 4 grams of fat? Please. Eat the yolk.

The most recent studies show that regular consumption of eggs does not correlate with an increased chance of high cholesterol or heart disease. It’s now known that actual cholesterol in food is not the biggest contributor to high cholesterol. Actually, trans fats, which you find in most processed foods, have a much bigger effect on blood cholesterol levels.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    cholesterol

This has been proven to be wrong. Eggs do not elevate cholesterol or cause heart disease.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    i personally pass on the yolks most of the time. if i have an omelet or scrambled eggs i just use the whites. if its a plain ole fried egg i am having i love runny yolks

This is me. I don't like the way they taste if they're over cooked or hard boiled or mixed in my scrambled eggs, but I love a very runny yolk, just barely warmed.