common food items that you've never eaten (fun fun)

Options

Replies

• 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Liver
    Sardines
    Tripe
    Lamb or mutton
    Greek yogurt
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Insects. I see these people on tv eating chocolate-covered grasshoppers, etc. NASTY. I did eat a few garden slugs in my lifetime, but that was by mistake ... hazards of being an avid gardener ... those things can hide inside your green onions, etc. If anyone's interested, they are like Anbesol - totally numb your mouth and lips. With a nutty, gross taste.
    *cough* spit, gag*
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes/Baked Potatoes
    All types of seafood/fishy things
    Rice
    Pears
    Spinach
    All wild meat
    Beets
    Califlower (sp?)
    Mushrooms
    Eggplant

And most of the slightly common but more uncommon things everyone has mentioned.
    (Which include but are not limited to parsnips, turnips, squid, figs, dates, lemon bars, and many more)

Also, anything Pumpkin.

seriously? you've never had rice? do you have food allergies? not trying to be rude...that's just a lot of REALLY common foods.

No, but I don't like the mushy and gritty textures of most of it. I guess I have tried some things, but spit most of it out. I have eaten popcorn shrimp because it is crunchy, but I don't like normal shrimp or anything like it.
  • Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Insects. I see these people on tv eating chocolate-covered grasshoppers, etc. NASTY. I did eat a few garden slugs in my lifetime, but that was by mistake ... hazards of being an avid gardener ... those things can hide inside your green onions, etc. If anyone's interested, they are like Anbesol - totally numb your mouth and lips. With a nutty, gross taste.

never have never will yucky and disgusting those creepy crawlers
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes/Baked Potatoes
    All types of seafood/fishy things
    Rice
    Pears
    Spinach
    All wild meat
    Beets
    Califlower (sp?)
    Mushrooms
    Eggplant

And most of the slightly common but more uncommon things everyone has mentioned.
    (Which include but are not limited to parsnips, turnips, squid, figs, dates, lemon bars, and many more)

Also, anything Pumpkin.

seriously? you've never had rice? do you have food allergies? not trying to be rude...that's just a lot of REALLY common foods.

No, but I don't like the mushy and gritty textures of most of it. I guess I have tried some things, but spit most of it out. I have eaten popcorn shrimp because it is crunchy, but I don't like normal shrimp or anything like it.

I'm a texture person too, but I'm very particular about it. I like lumpy things (like oatmeal with fruit in it) that most people hate the texture of. I don't like the texture of meat, that's why I only ate chicken growing up until I realized (at age 22) that I didn't HAVE to eat meat if I didn't like it. :laugh: and I hate smooth things like jello or really smooth mashed potatoes. lol I feel like it's boring my mouth :laugh:
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    OPossum - wouldnt eat that!!

This...other than this I will and HAVE tried most anything!
  • sauci
    sauci Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It doesn't exist here, but it appears to be common in the U.S. Poptarts. Also sardines and sausages other than the skinny sausages from hot dogs. Onions.

where is here? we have them in the UK?
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Eggplant
    Bear (yuck its looks super greasy and I'm Canadian, I know :P)
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Never tried, or never eaten regularly?

Ive actually never tried cauliflower. I know, right? I have no idea why I've never tried it, I just always have the blinders on, grab the broccoli, and keep walking.

I've also never tried red velvet anything.
  • SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    Sushi...I can't get past the raw fish thing. Ugh.
    collard green/mustard greens...can't get past the scent.
    coleslaw on a hot dog - another southern thing? My Yankee brain can't grasp "WHY?!"
    oysters...emmm yeah, can't figure out "WHY?!" for that one either.
  • OneTooManyTacos
    Options
    prunes got a bad rep for some reason, lol, they hit the spot if ur jonesing for something sweet ;)

Anyway mine is pate' (ugh)
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If you want to see stuff you've never tried, search "Beijing food street" on Google images.

There is a saying in China, that the Chinese will eat anything on two legs except people, anything on four legs except a table, and anything that flies except an airplane.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Are insects really considered 'common food items'? Some of the things on these lists don't seem all that common to me, but maybe it's just a reflection of where I'm from.
  • tagben
    tagben Posts: 72
    Options
    peanut butter
    fries
    burgers
    soda
    pork
    bacon
    pizza
  • kristen11joy
    kristen11joy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The saying I heard in CHina is "anything that moves with it's back to the sky"
    Um... liver. mussels. Squid/octopus. Not so common I guess.
    In the past year I have tried beets and eggplant for the first time, and love them both.
  • dorth316
    dorth316 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwich

I've had peanut butter sandwiches and I've had jelly sandwiches. The combination of the two just doesn't sound appetizing to me.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    croisants are soooooo goooood
  • hhorncastle
    hhorncastle Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've never had a whole cup of coffee, though I've tasted it a couple times.
    Oysters
    Any kind of squash other than spaghetti squash (which I tried once and hated)
    Figs, dates, prunes
    Liver
    Duck, venison, moose, rabbit.. never tried any kind of wild game, really.
    Relish

This year I tried sweet potatoes, tomato soup and sushi (but not the raw fish kind. California rolls and stuff) for the first time. (I'm 38)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    peanut butter
    fries
    burgers
    soda
    pork
    bacon
    pizza

pizza?!?!? i'm sorry.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Never tried, or never eaten regularly?

Ive actually never tried cauliflower. I know, right? I have no idea why I've never tried it, I just always have the blinders on, grab the broccoli, and keep walking.

I've also never tried red velvet anything.

when/if you try red velvet please pair it with cream cheese frosting!