HRM Q

Options
Anyone have a decent one that isn't hugelt expensive? Pls recommend cheaper brands. Ta :)

Replies

• janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    A lot of people here are very happy with a Polar FT4.
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You want it to be accurate? Spend the money for a good one. Polar FT4 is about $80 and very good.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i got my polar ft4 on amazon for $60 - love it
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Cheap and HRM don't go to together.. Sorry.

Best bet is Polar.. FT4, FT7, FT40 or FT60.
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I went with a Timex. Was just under 100$
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    The silver FT4 is on Amazon right now for $50! Just ordered one... I have heard good things...
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I also have a Polar FT4 and love it. I was $75 but well worth it. I tried a cheapo one from walmart and hated it.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's. Also, I would suggest getting one with a chest strap as they are better to calculate an accurate HR.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I purchased a Polar FT40 last year from heartratemonitorsusa dot com to replace my old Polar (which didn't calculate calories burned) and I :heart: the FT40.

You can search the internet for specials and lowest prices if you are shopping for any HRM on sites like heart rate monitors usa, Amazon, sporting stores, ebay, etc.

Also, search for online codes so that you can take advantage of any additional savings :wink:
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Oh cool, not as expensive as I thought! Will have a nosey on Amazon :-D Ta
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I purchased a Polar FT4 on Amazon, it arrived yesterday. I will be using it for the first time tomorrow.

It is so easy to set up and the instructions are so simple! That was the bit that worried me before it arrived, that I would have problems setting it all up correctly, but it was easy-peasy!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - it's the watch & chest strap variety as well. They retail for around $70 - I found mine on eBay (brand new) for $26.00. Shop around, check eBay for a Polar or a New Balance, or whatever brand you want, and if you're patient, you might find a sweet deal.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Polar FT7. Cheap. Accurate. :)

I didn't have luck with the expensive Timex Ironman.
  • MistressOfHate
    Options
    The one on Amazon is a men's. Does gender matter? I love the price and I'm not willing to shell out more money for the pretty pink one.
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks everyone, it's about a hundy NZD shipped which is less than I was imagining for a Polar (was thinking 200 min) so that's awesome :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    The one on Amazon is a men's. Does gender matter? I love the price and I'm not willing to shell out more money for the pretty pink one.
    it makes no difference. i bought the mens one because it was cheaper. it asks for your sex when you set it up :)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You get what you pay for.
  • MistressOfHate
    Options
    Great to know! Thanks. I bought the New Balance N4 at Target today for $40. I might get the Polar instead.
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60, not cheap...but worth the investment.