in need of motivation!

Options
2»

Replies

• Stavakoli
    Stavakoli Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm looking to lose around the same and love new friends to keep me going...feel free to add me : )
  • Chloe_P78
    Chloe_P78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Have just joined too and am looking for motivation and happy to help motivate :)
    I will happily add you and anyone in the same boat, please feel free to add me too if you are reading this.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I signed up yesterday and I start the healthy eating and exercise regimen tomorrow... I actually have "at least" 70lbs to lose. Feel free to add me, or I will send you all a invite so we can do this together! :smile:
  • hazey123
    hazey123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenna, I'm new to this site too.. I lost 69lbs since last March on my own but I found my motivation beginning to dwindle so I thought I'd join. Started on 7th March 2011 at 18st 6, now currently at 13st 7.. I wish you all the success in the world with your life style change ;)

''Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.'' ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • WendyCollinson2004
    WendyCollinson2004 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you want to add me you can. Also if you watch Biggest Loser then you will know Shay Sorrells. She was on Season 8 & 9. I will get her ID so you can add her (shaeluv79). She is also posting on her status that if you want to be friended and about being that want to be friends. Just to let you know though that you can only add 5 people every 10 minutes. I found this out just last week.
    I have been on here for over a month and I am just now really getting into it. There are a lot of great features. You can join a page and do challenges so it really motivates you to want to lose weight.
    Godd Luck everyone on your journey. I am going to try to lose 45lbs, maybe more, but I would be more than happy to just lose 45.
  • pteach
    pteach Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great way to track your calories and exercise. Add me to your group. The inspiration and motivation available within a group like this makes it doable. I have 40 lbs to lose, and I'm looking at a hip replacement surgery in 11 days. I'm terrified of what will happen when I can't lift weights or swim for 6 weeks. Although I am thrilled that I will be able to walk once again.

Best of luck to you. Use your iphone to record food while on the go. The barcode scanning feature for new foods makes it almost fun to record what you consume.

Keep in touch!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for this site tonight. I need all the motivation I can get! Wanting to lose 50lbs.
    People can offer encouragement but not motivation.

That comes from within.
    You're already motivated, because you are here. To see this through, look deep inside and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be fit?
    And attach great pleasure to that as you set this goal.

And then answer for yourself this:
    Why don't I want to be fat?
    Attach great pain to all the reasons you do not want to be fat.

Few people can actually do this which is why most people fail.
    This is the key to internal motivation.

Good luck!
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I've recently joined as well and could do with any motivation/support on offer, I'm surrounded by skinny model friends who don't really understand the difficulties of weight loss!
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    LOTS OF NEWBIES....IT IS A GREAT PLACE....

IF YOU ARE TRULY COMMITTED TO MAKING A LIFESTYLE CHANGE AND WISH TO POST YOUR FOOD DIARY ....YOU CERTAINLY CAN ADD ME...:flowerforyou:
  • modine43
    modine43 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just joined as well looking to lose 60 lbs, please add me on, we will help each other out, Lets take it one step at a time
  • Hbenson99
    Options
    Just started a couple of weeks ago, I need a lot of encouragement myself. i need to lose 150 pds total but about 50 by July to have a knee replacement. So good luck and please anyone feel free to add me. So far reading the messages has been very encouraging. Some of the success staories are just amazing.
  • traciecopley
    Options
    Me too!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I joined about 4-5 days ago and I also need to lose 50lbs (perhaps a bit more). Add me if you like. We can motivate each other. x
  • Kaathmandu
    Options
    You are not the lone ranger, SaucySimon - I have lost 50kg over the last three years (about 110 pounds) and still have a waaaaay to go. Two steps forward, one step back ... But generally heading in the right direction!
    Loving this site, use it on my phone, this is first time on 'puter. It is sooo helpful ... it is so good for motivation, helps with making good choices and makes keeping tabs easy and fun.
  • Kaathmandu
    Options
    And, SaucySimon, you look waaaay better than I did 110 pounds ago!!
  • clare1510
    Options
    I have just over 50 lbs to lose also. Feel free to add me! We can all do this together!
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You can do this, I can't believe that I have dropped from 140 to 117 in 3 1/2 months. I am now addicted to logging! I am on MFP everyday so feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.