Having a down night :(

Options
Not only did i go over my calorie count again for like the 5th time this week, but I gained a lb and aunt flow is fixing to visit so i'm bloated. On top of it all im trying to get over being sick from having strep throat this week and now a head cold to follow getting over the strep. Ugh I just need a lil encouragment i guess. I have lost 15 lbs since starting mfp but just doesn't feel like it seems how I have been at the same weight now for 2 weeeks. Getting a bit discouraged :(

Sorry to vent like this but just need to.

Replies

• PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hey Leann, that's why you're here
    so you can vent to people who get it. It's a LONG journey for most of us. It not only involves losing pounds, but changing your whole attitude about food, and exercise, and heck, even life!

Your weight is going to go up and down. It won't always go down every week. Just look at all the things you have going on right now today that affect you not losing........bloated, being sick, menstruation....

Please remember it's a marathon, not a 5k! Patience is the toughest part of losing weight in my opinion.

You can do it! Don't give up.
  • jenny031477
    jenny031477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I've been having a down day today, too.

Tomorrow is a new day!
  • Nikkiray32
    Options
    HI, hang in there. I know how you feel. When my cycle comes I want to eat everything not nailed down. I usually put on a pound of two of water weight. So, the pound you gained will probrably be gone next week. Try to get well first. I used to get strep every year and I know how painful it is. Every thing is going to fall into place. Don't be hard on yourself.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Hey, no worries, just get through all this and when you feel better take hold of your future. Just realize weight loss is up and down, plateaus are common and if it went on for a couple of months then it would be a biggie, a couple of weeks, not so much. Especially since you've been ill and inflammation causes water retention. Get better, take care of yourself then hit it again.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Not only did i go over my calorie count again for like the 5th time this week, but I gained a lb and aunt flow is fixing to visit so i'm bloated. On top of it all im trying to get over being sick from having strep throat this week and now a head cold to follow getting over the strep. Ugh I just need a lil encouragment i guess. I have lost 15 lbs since starting mfp but just doesn't feel like it seems how I have been at the same weight now for 2 weeeks. Getting a bit discouraged :(

Sorry to vent like this but just need to.
    Yep!
    Been there.
    At least you've taken ownership of the reasons why unlike some who swear on the bible they are exercising and eating perfectly.

Buck up!
    You can do this; say hello to Aunt Flo for me.....lol
  • jalilahbd
    Options
    Don't give up. 15lbs is still a significant amount of weight to loose. Aunt flow will always wreck havoc on us, exercise is the best thing for that time though. Even though it is the one time we feel the least like doing it. As far as going over your calorie count...don't beat yourself up too much, you're aware that you are doing it and that'll make watch yourself more. I'd blame it on the ole' auntie dear, she makes me want to eat the paint off the walls sometimes. LOL. Try changing up your fitness routine to help break the weightloss plateau. That's helped me in the past.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    someone just posted this..I hope it helps you as much as it did me..

" Everyone wants happiness, no one wants pain, but you can't make a rainbow without a little rain :)"

tomorrow is a new day - keep your chin up! you've done so well so far.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    me too! I am over cal's - TOM is here and I am still hungry after drinking tea and brushing my teeth (usually makes me not want to eat) I am sooo tired and I have been on a plateau for month. so I really wanted to check in to see if I had broke it (not that my hopes were up) I only have 10 lbs to go and wanted to do it in a year (so MARCH 1st) I just don't think I can loose 10lbs in a month and a half. I need a hug :cry: .... ok that's just my TOM talking
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    "Tomorrow is a new day." - A wise person

If you couldn't get up, you wouldn't be here now!!!!
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I've been at the same weight for the last 3 weeks and I'm about to get that visit from aunt flo too :(

Though you might not have actually gained a pound, it might just be that you're bloated? Don't beat yourself up too badly...just try to eat clean for the next few days, keep in mind what you've done wrong, and then try not to repeat those mistakes. Feeling bad isn't going to help or change anything!
  • mrsthomasstevens
    mrsthomasstevens Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a down day every now & then, but you have to get over it & push forward!!! To brake through that 2 week plateau, try exercising when you 1st wake up before eating breakfast, & also drink 32 oz of water before breakfast as well! you should see a change within a few days...

I hope I don't sound too harsh, but I would hate to see you get side tracked from your goals when we are strong enough to conquer these goals we set for ourselves! Feel better & keep pushing ;-)
  • brigitte101
    Options
    that 1 pound might be water retention sense you are fixing to start your period. plus your hormones are a little wacky due to your period so your probable craving more high calorie food. So dont be so hard on your self. tomorrow is another day and your doing great. you should feel proud of yourself for losing 15 pounds. you havent gained it back so you are still ahead of the game.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I went way over today too. It's not the first time and to be perfectly honest I doubt will be the last time. But I'll do better tomorrow. I've lost 40+ pounds even with some slip-up days like today and I'm in this for the long haul. I haven't lost weight since before Christmas but I'm determined to lose this week!
  • Marebare74
    Options
    I feel you sister! I don't have nearly as much going against me right now as you do, and still I'm in a frustrated spot. I've bee n on my first plateau, stuck since before Christmas. But I know that is part of the reason, the holidays, my kids birthday, and monthly hormones have all fallen in the last three weeks. Then this last week I was hoping to get out with the kids and have fun with them, and they come down with this nasty cold flu thing. I've managed to stay well thus far, but feel like a ticking time bomb. So instead of jumping on the treadmill to work off those calories the last few days, I've gone straight to bed, trying to stay well rested and just in case I'm up nursing a sicky who can't sleep. I'm grateful for school to start back up tomorrow and the routine to return to normal!
    Take care of yourself, and know you are not alone!
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey girl don't get too down you can do this!
    And it's going to be more difficult when That Time comes around for us; the female body is so complex.
    I learned that you should avoid certain foods when that comes to help your body feel better when it is:
    Avoid wheat and dairy products, alcohol, caffeine, and refined sugar.
    (which is the hardest, cause that's what we crave the most)
    Caffeine will constrict blood vessels and increases tension which will make cramps worst (ugh) so try not to have coffee, tea, cola, and cocoa
    Avoid red meat, refined sugars, and milk and other Nutra-Sweet items
    Instead, we should try to have fresh veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and fruits (which the fruits can satisfy the sweet craving)

Hang in there, you get a new day tomorrow :heart:
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouraging words! They are greatly appreciated and were definitely much needed! Glad to see I'm not alone and when I get down there are others who will help encourage you. Thank you again!
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    Well, I can tell you that dieting while being sick is never easy. Your body needs energy. And nutritional sustenance. Also, I know that when I have my aunt flo, I gain weight. Between the sickness (and not being able to work out) and the aunt flow, you are going to gain weight. It is temporary. You will get through this. Now, enjoy some strawberry icees for your throat, and feel better.