totally new to this

Options
Hello all. My name is Jenn and I'm new here to the site. When 2011 came to a close I made the decission that I was going to lose weight and get healthier. I'm only 29 but I want to live a long time and if I keep on my current path that isn't going to happen. I found MFP hy chance when I started looking for a food tracker for my Kindle. I've set everything up and am ready to jump into this. As I mentioned above my name is jenn and I am 29 years old. I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and am currently single. My overall goal is to lose about 100 pounds. I currently work in an office setting as a supervisor and in my spare time I enjoy reading, movies, music, video gámes, crocheting, knitting, pen pals, genealogy, computer games, tv shows, and surfing the net. For Christmas I got the kinect for the xbox 360 and so I'm looking forward to using that to help my weight loss. I don't have a huge network of people to support me in my weight loss goals but I know that a lot has to come from me to do this. I look forward to meeting some people here.

Jenn

Replies

• Greyc
    Greyc Posts: 12
    Options
    good for you on your decision to change your life. I joined MFP last year but never stuck with I am now here for the long haul.
    Feel free to add me
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you like!
  • silverfox678
    silverfox678 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome... Your starting the year on the right track and that is great! Feel free to add as friend.
  • itsjustpaper28686
    Options
    Add me if you want
  • tracy1727
    tracy1727 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too! So far I love it.. I have a work out game for the wii called EA Active 2 (they have it for kinect also).....The entire family is now working out (even on our rest day) Its a good work out and alot of fun! Add me if you want...
  • awaterbaby
    awaterbaby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just introduced to this site last week and have been hooked ever since. I have a long way to go but am just taking baby steps at the moment and seem to be doing pretty good so far. 4 lbs down and 230 to go....gee that sounds like a lot. :) Good luck to everyone.
  • Seventoad
    Seventoad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just got in to this myself. Always looking for more friends and support. Sending you an invite.
  • beachgirl20
    beachgirl20 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!! I joined MFP in December 2011 and I love it! I have 32 pounds to lose and I am 30 years old. Also looking for friends and supoort. Anyone is welcome to add me :)
  • Hundorican_Baby017
    Options
    I think the decision to turn things around in your life and begin a healthier more improved you is always an awesome choice! I too am just starting out on this website and would love to offer much needed support. I joined this site after I happened to see an app for it on my boyfriend's phone. I am always in need of a way to keep track of the things I eat and lose weight, and this website is a real help. I hope by doing this I can encourage my family members to do the same and do something positive for themselves.
  • naia16
    naia16 Posts: 35
    Options
    hi jenn! i just joined 3 days ago and i'm loving it so far. i'm so jealous of you though. i totally want the xbox with kinnect. my nieces have it and over christmas they got the just dance 3 for it and it was so much fun. i could totally exercize more if it were fun like dancing! add me if you like :) i've got a goal of 78 lbs to lose...and then some.
  • Agaterunner
    Options
    Good luck to you! I just started using this web site too. ONe thing that helps me is at night Iknit so my hands are not putting useless food in my mouth. Scarves are quick and easy. Again, good luck to you. Keep us posted.
  • LexxyBaybee
    Options
    Hi. I'm here because I wanna do the Butt Bible workouts but I don't have comcast:(
  • jojo4fun
    jojo4fun Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Jenn and good luck!!! I too just started today and am really excited about starting. I found out about MFP from a co-worker and so far, so good. I live in sunny California so we have the luxury of walking during our lunch break which is definitely needed since I have a sedentary job as well, coincidentally as a supervisor too. I've been walking with a co-worker since last week. We walk a mile a day. Weather permitting where you're at, maybe you can fit in a walk during your lunch. I use to run, 5K's, 10K's, 1/2 Marathons and my first ever Marathon a few years ago until I was sidelined by a severe injury. I couldn't run for about 2 years and in that time, gained a whopping 40. My bad that I didn't take up another form of exercise but I didn't want to do anything else if I couldn't run since I love running. Now, I am willing to walk and other cardio exercises and my goal is to run a 1/2 Marathon this year and lose 50 lbs. Having a network like MFP is great because you can get tons of support.
  • _BeccaLynn_
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add m, I am alway looking for more friends for motivation!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Hello Jenn and everyone else new to MFP. This is a great site and we are here to share, help, and motivate. Jenn and everyone on this thread is more than welcome to add me as a friend.

Lindsay
  • Mina254
    Mina254 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi my name is Amina. I'm also new and it would be great to help each other out! Feel free to add me as a friend :D
  • aquietreader
    Options
    Hi everyone - thanks for the welcome! :) I look forward to getting to know people here. Already this place feels friendly and makes me feel like I can succeed and lose weight.
  • jojo4fun
    jojo4fun Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard and good luck. I'm one week into MFP and love it. The tracking of the food really helps me a lot. Looking forward to seeing the weight drop off and I wish the same for you.