need motivation!

Options
hey! i am 19 and from ohio! i want to lose about 15 pounds but need motivation! i have tried before but cant stick to it! but this time i want to. i have went from a 10 to 4 already but still cant lose that last 15 pounds! thanks everyone!

Replies

• itsjustpaper28686
    Options
    I'm looking for the same motivation. We can keep track of each other!
  • bigskyhiker
    Options
    Last Christmas I needed motivation and asked my sister-in-law how to go about it (she is in great shape, works out all the time). She replied set a goal. I love to walk but lacked the motivation. She suggested just entering a 5k (just 3 miles) and finishing would be a great goal. I found that having that little goal lead me to walking about a mile a day in the near by mountains 3-5 days a week (I figured if I could walk up mountains I could do a 5k on the flat roads in the city). I walked the 5k in under an hour. After the race I set a new goal. I decided to walk all 37 miles of trail in the near by state park by the end of summer. I didn't reach my goal until the first of December (in 2 ft of snow), but I had a reason to keep walking as often as I could. I now have new goals. Goals for indoor excercize, goals for winter hiking (burrrr) and goals for next summer.

Find something you love to do and set little goals for yourself. Once you reach your goal set new ones.

I also found lack of time in the winter and the weather prevented me from finding time and a location. I kept trying until I found that the Wii Fit Plus was perfect for me. I now have goals for minutes of work out time on the Wii.

KEEP TRYING to find what works for you and set goals.