Picky eater

Options
Anyone else have trouble finding foods they like to eat? I'm not a fish or veggie eater so makes it hard to find foods that aren't yummy to eat. My husband is a beef eater so I have always made 2 meats for meals. Need some suggestions.

Replies

• ixiHemlock
    ixiHemlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You want my honest suggestion? Suck it up and get over it. Two servings of meat is not a rounded meal. You need veggies. Period.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I would suggest trying veggies prepared in different ways--raw, steamed, roasted, etc Different cooking methods and seasonings alter the taste and texture of veggies so you may actually like some but cooked/prepared in certain ways. Ex: DH doesn't like cooked carrots but loves them raw.

You can also pure a lot of different veggies into pasta sauce and meatloaf and you would never taste them in it...
  • MACGlammaGirl
    MACGlammaGirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think this will help; I received a book in the mail for a relative from a Men's health group, titled "Eat This, Not That!" Its a great book, very helpful in just abt EVERY aspect. It has a section for fastfood restaurants, as well as a supermarket guide with all the brand names we know & love! I'm a very picky eater also, so this was extremely useful. I think the thing that'll help most is accepting dieting as a new "lifestyle change" rather than a "diet" LOL Its so mental, esp.for me bc I always think of what I CANT have. Google the book and see where you can get it; I'm sure its sold in most bookstores. I promise it'll be a great investment. Also, try turkey or different types of seafood and come up w.new ways to make bland stuff like chicken & beef! :)
  • auctoritas
    Options
    You could go hardcore and eat an all-meat diet. But that requires eating organ meats, marrow, and fat. If you're picky, chances are you won't eat some or any of those things, so your only option is to suck it up and eat vegetables until you like them.

I used to hate broccoli for example, but I discovered it was okay roasted, and now, while I don't love it, I can eat it without problem (provided I put some cheese on it ;))