Lady question...

Options
Delaina1
Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
Can upping your workouts for a couple of weeks delay your period? I was due to start on Monday (I'm usually on schedule) and today is Friday and there is no sign of it. I have been working out extra hard for the past 2 weeks and burning a ton of calories (trying to break a plataue) plus some extra strength training but my body is getting plenty of nutrients. Is this normal???

180909.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    I don't know about that one...but any chance you're preggers? LOL I'm sure that ones already crossed your mind.
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yes I would have to agree with demezat, that hasn't happened to me. Slow down on the workouts and check with your doctor if nothing by Memorial Day!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    My doctor warned me that my cycle may change in several ways, being late or missing one all together when you change your exercise or dieting habits can occur. Of course, check that you are not pregnant and if not then just be prepared.

:flowerforyou:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Absolutely YES! Years ago, I started a new waitressing job, and I didn't get my period for two whole months. Not that I missed it much, but I took a pregnancy test to make sure. The nurse said it's pretty common to miss your period when you up your activity. If there's a chance you might be preggers, then go pick up a test from the pharmacy at the end of next week.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    That happened to me. Then when it did come it was super light. Take a preggo test to be sure, but one of my first signs I was preg was that my cardio dropped off. I was doing 190 strides on the eliptical and all of the sudden 150 was hard.
  • christalbyrns
    Options
    Yes. I believe it will.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    YES

I missed 2 periods completely when I first started here. The stress of thinking I could be preggo really didn't help matters either. stay calm. Take a test if there's a chance, but don't worry, it's pretty normal for an increase or decrease in excercise to mess with your cycle.
  • Delaina1
    Options
    Thank you all so much...I doubt that I'm preggo because my cardio has been getting easier and I haven't been tired or anything after workouts. It just threw me for a loop bc although I have been working out pretty hard lately I've always been a really active person and always on schedule no matter what! I guess I'll just keep wating for it!!!
  • Delaina1
    Options
    Hey guys...I know it has only been a day but I'm just a little freaked out! My body is usually like clockwork!...Should I lay off or cut down on the exercise for a couple of days to see what happens???
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I used to be pretty regular until I started P90X. I was over a week late last cycle. I didn't cut down on exercise though. I just kept going.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Hey guys...I know it has only been a day but I'm just a little freaked out! My body is usually like clockwork!...Should I lay off or cut down on the exercise for a couple of days to see what happens???

I'm not sure how long it will take for your period to come even if you do cut back... might still take a week or two honestly. If it were me, I would keep doing what I was doing. It will come eventually. They always do :grumble: