Future Former Fat Girl

Options
GumbyAnne
GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
Hey everyone!

I am 24 years old and have recently lost about 15 pounds with about 50 more to go. I have 3 jobs so my workout schedule varies a lot from one week to another. At 2 of my jobs I work on the phone and spend a lot of time surfing the net while waiting for calls to come in, so forums like this are a great way to keep me motivated even if I have to keep my butt glued to the chair!

As of today I am 213 pounds and my next mini-goal is 195 to put me out of "obese" range. In the long term I would like to get down to 160, which would put me in "normal" BMI range for the first time in my life. Hopefully I can do it with the support of all the people on here!

~Julianne

Replies

• jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Welcome Julianne! You'll definitely find a lot of supportive people here, that will help you stay motivated. There is a lot of great info, and some really smart people on the boards that you can use to your benefit. It sounds like you have realistic goals, so you'll be a "former fat girl" in no time.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Julianne! :smile:
    Congrats on losing those 15lbs! That's great!
    Stick with MFP and you'll be def be known as the "former fat girl" for sure! Everyone here is extremely supportive and if you need advice or someone to talk to just get on MFP and everyone is here to help!
    Good luck!!!:flowerforyou:
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Can anybody tell me how to set up a signature automatically added at the bottom of my posts? I can't figure it out.
  • ang1977
    ang1977 Posts: 21
    Options
    I think it is under the tab "my home" and then "settings".
  • ang1977
    ang1977 Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome. I'm a newbie too. So far this site is good. I'm still learning my way around it. I joined the slim fast site also. Good luck to you.
    Ang
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Congrats on the 15 lbs lost. The support here is fantastic. Good luck on reaching your next goal - we all know that you can do it.