Bike Riders

Options
Any bike riders out there trying to lose weight? Or even if you like to ride a bike or are trying to learn. Lets be friends so we can motivate each other to get and ride and work off those calories.

Replies

• jwolfdh
    jwolfdh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i've found that in order to make mfp friends and/or get people to post on your blogs, you have to seek THEM out. go to the message boards and search for bike or whatever, look for good active MFP'ers and request them. i've actually only received ONE friend request. hoping for more in the future tho. you're more than welcome to look through mine and steal any you like! : ) also, maybe put up a message under the "new to MFP" board. you can maybe find bike friends that way!!! and once you find them...i'll probably borrow them from you!
  • itsjustpaper28686
    Options
    Thanks! Would love to find some girls to ride with in the LA area. I love my guys friends but sometimes I just want a girl friend or two
  • bghere
    bghere Posts: 42
    Options
    Been off my bike for 3 months. Rode today and realized, how much I miss riding my bike. I rode tour de Scottsdale in October of last year, and have put ten pounds on since then. Not so good:(
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Would love to find some girls to ride with in the LA area. I love my guys friends but sometimes I just want a girl friend or two

I hear this. We live in a small town in MI and there are some really fast guys around here, but I rarely see other women. I wish we lived closer to our favorite LBS (an hour away) so that we could join in on more of their rides.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Any bike riders out there trying to lose weight? Or even if you like to ride a bike or are trying to learn. Lets be friends so we can motivate each other to get and ride and work off those calories.

I'm not a girl, nor do I live in LA, but I am a cyclist, so thanks for accepting the friend request!
  • tarmacdog
    tarmacdog Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The less you weigh the faster you climb. I'm working at getting down to 210 lbs. Down 5 so far (started at 227 last week) I had gotten into the mindset that I burn a ton of calories on the bike and can eat all that I want. MFP allows me to keep myself in check. Keep burning those calories on the bike. :)
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm going out on my new bike in an hour. It'll be the first time I've cycled in over a decade. Hope to make it a regular thing!
  • redheaded_dem
    redheaded_dem Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I have done 5 AIDS Rides and 2 Tri's and love to cycle, but just got back into it after a 1 year (30 lb) hiatus. I am in VA and can't wait till I can get out for some long rides!

I agree with the PP about weight and speed. It's so much harder right now with my midsection so large.
  • runnercheryl
    Options
    Just back from that first ride.

16 minutes, I managed.

Average speed: 8.3mph
    Top speed: 15.2mph
    Calories burned: 75
    Distance: 2.3 miles

It's a start. If anyone as useless as I am wants to add me, feel free! :p
  • jdjefferson
    Options
    Just back from that first ride.

16 minutes, I managed.

Average speed: 8.3mph
    Top speed: 15.2mph
    Calories burned: 75
    Distance: 2.3 miles

It's a start. If anyone as useless as I am wants to add me, feel free! :p

Useless? Hardly! Keep on keepin' on!
  • runnercheryl
    Options

Useless? Hardly! Keep on keepin' on!

Thank you. I was a little shocked at how difficult it seemed, but mostly I was confused by how I seemed to wobble everywhere. I can't remember what I was like cycling as a child, but I'm sure I used to be able to at least manage a straight line! Still, that's why I went out in the evening when there'd be very few cars.