No sleep - does the body still restart?

Options
So I kind of really badly overate today. And I'm only going to be getting around 2 hours of sleep tonight, so if I follow my calorie intake tomorrow will it count? I know it sounds stupid but I'm just wondering since somehow I have this idea in my head that since I ate so much today that even if I eat well tomorrow my body will take it all as one day -__- I know I know, madness.

Replies

• erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will be fine. Just make sure that what happened today is a rarity, and that 80% of the time you're staying on track and you will be just fine.
  • eliakrathore
    Options
    Thank you very much! quite reassuring.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    you're body has no idea what time it is.

We use 24hrs as a simple way to record.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    The body doesn't "restart" exactly, anyway. Even when you sleep you're taking in oxygen and your various cells are still functioning...sleep isn't like resetting a computer (though it can feel that way!)
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really restart anyway. Nothing magical happens at midnight. I work all night occasionally and the worst of it is that I have to keep eating because I get really hungry 6 or 7 hours after dinner! It's just a useful way to break up your intake because most people are fasting for 7-8 hours at that point. The biggest thing to take from this is that you can "reset" anytime: If you eat too much at lunch, rein it in before dinner--don't wait for the next day just because your "numbers" are blown. The body does not stop counting. The sooner you get it under control, the better. Hope you get some rest tomorrow! :)
  • eliakrathore
    Options
    Thank you all! I guess i'll just try and be good tomorrow. :smile:
    I'm having trouble staying on track nowadays for some reason. :mad: