new to site...trying to get motivated for my weight loss jou

Options
Hey everyone, I am a mother of an 11 month old son, and with my pregnancy i gained around 55lbs. I started breastfeeding and the weight started coming off..but i ran into a problem and had to quit breastfeeding. Needless to say all the weight i had lost i gained back. Im trying to get in shape to look and feel better by the summer time. Any advice and motivation is appreciated!

Replies

• Steen2012
    Options
    Hi there!

I am new to MFP too. After my second child the weight just hasn't budged (trying to lose about 70 lbs), so I found this site and have started logging my calories and I have tried to work out everyday (except today...needed the rest). I weigh in for the first official time on Wednesday. Would love to add you as a friend to help motivate one other as we begin our journey to being skinny moms :)
  • flower_petals
    Options
    i too need to lose 50 lbs of "baby weight" ( it's almost been 3 yrs since he's been born but that's what i'm calling it). My oldest is 5 and i don't think i lost all the weight from having him and i think it just started snowballing from there. add on the 2nd baby and wow! now that i'm getting older (37) it's become hard to get off.

i started my journey today. it'll be nice to have people to talk to through this. I never joined a weight loss forum before. I'm hoping hearing about other peoples journeys help me with my own.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!:smile:
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom but I'm young too I can totally do this weight loss with you :)
    You did it before, you can do this again!
  • mrsdeseraehobbs
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) lets hope i can stay motivated enough to keep up with this! I never like working out with my friends because i feel funny seeing as how they are size 3s and 5s! I just dont feel comfortable because theyve never struggled with a weight issue, so itll be nice having people to talk to that are going thru this with me! My husband is very supportive, but hes also a very picky eater (will not eat barely any veggies) so this should be interesting! But ive got to do this. I suffered from post partum depression and havent fully gotten out of that "funk", so im hoping a positive attitude and working to make myself look and feel better will help boost my self esteem and rid me of my "baby blues". Add me as a friend, the more the better!
  • idaretodream
    Options
    Feel Free to add me if you like
  • maxalias
    maxalias Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am a mum of a 31/2 year old girl and I am planning on getting pregnant again soon. I really need to lose some weight before I get pregnant so I am not so uncomfortable this time. Im not huge but just pudgy with a very large tummy. I am so glad I have found this site. Please anyone feel free to add me as a friend. I find I do alot better when I have support. Good luck everyone!