46 years old and empty nester looking to loose 40 lbs

Options
Both girls are in college - mom at home and have gained some weight. New to this site and could use all the motivation I can get.

Replies

• bullsands
    Options
    welcome to MFP..
  • spoccer
    spoccer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My kids are grown and I'm sort of an empty nester . one at college and one still at home. Feel free to add me as a friend... I've been here since 9/1 and I love it!
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    hey welcome to the club! :) i'm new to this too!
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too!! :D
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Well new again...
  • Enny2405
    Enny2405 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - Feel free to add me and I will support you on your journey!
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you will find us all very supportive on here. Feel free to add me if you want as I am in similar situation, 41 and single and looking to get healthier and leaner. Sort of an emptynester, except that I never got around to building the nest in the 1st place.
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the site! You've come to the right place for motivation and support! We're around the same age with the about the same amount to lose...feel free to friend me!!

Trisha
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi.... Feel free to add me. We are about the same age and I log on daily. I don't have an empty next yet but have one son in college and my youngest will be 18 next month. Now that your kids have left home, you have plenty of time for yourself. You can do this:)
  • dlembry
    Options
    Good luck in your goals I know its harder as we get older, if you like some support add me as a friend, Dave
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi there-

Feel free to ad me!!! I'm basically an empty nester. My hubby and I have 10 kids, some are in college, some are married now and some have just plain moved out. We are down to one 11 year old daughter at home, but we cant even tell she's here half the time she's so quiet, or should I say, its so quiet compared to what the house used to be!!!! :) Last year, when basically my last child moved out, I had a very rough time dealing with it, I had been so used to my world revolving around kids, that all of a sudden I found myself with a ton of free time an noone really to take care of. I felt lost. Now, here I am, found new hobbies and also found this site, and absolutely love it!!! people are supportive and I have learned so much. I have been doing things I never thought I would doing had I not gotten involved with this MFP family!

Good luck in your journey!
    Wendy
  • snorktharpe
    snorktharpe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp :) i joined about 2 months ago and have already lost 21 pounds. its a great site :) feel free to add me if you'd like :)