Ladies--what's your beauty routine?

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
I wanted to know how little or how much everyone does to keep their skin and hair healthy, or just to feel pretty :)
For me, I don't wash my hair too often. Definitely not every day,because id have very dry hair. I condition it every time I wash it, and sometimes just condition it. Other than that, I let it air dry and that's that. I only brush it before I shower.
As far as makeup, I feel prettier without it, so I don't really wear it.
Skin, well, I'm blessed with good skin, so I just rinse it when I shower :)
How about you?

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair every day, otherwise it gets too greasy. In the shower, I usually do shampoo, and sometimes conditioner. I blow-dry it on occasion, more-so when I'm going from the gym to somewhere else. I apply two layers of moisturizer, then when that is dry I put on Bare Minerals foundation, and then usually a light coat of eye shadow and black mascara. I mostly do that all for me - because people usually can't tell if I'm wearing makeup. But it makes me feel more confident.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    I'm a skin freak....I have microdermabrasion done 1x every two weeks. I have my daughter do my hair everyday she's at a wonderful spa, and it happens to be 1 block from work, so every morning after my workout, and before my real life day starts I go see her. I wear very little makeup, just alittle pop to the eyes and some lip gloss...good to go. the best thing I could do for myself is the lingerie Iwear under my suits everyday..they make me feel sexy and sassy..even though I'm the only one who knows i'm wearing it! I also get a mani/pedi every sunday morning with ,y daghters...mom and girl time.....well my teenage son just joined the action..he loves them!
  • Chevitz
    Chevitz Posts: 46
    Options
    I have hair to my waist (until this upcoming Thurs!) and I wash every other day. I work out 6x a week so I shower daily, but on the days I don't wash my hair I do condition the ends. I wear a bit of make up; some concealer (I have an 18 month old daughter & 3 year old son - I need it!) blush, mascara & lip gloss. I also was blessed with good clear skin so I don't put anything on it foundation wise, just a moisturizer with SPF 30. Hair is ponytail, bun, or braid.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I spray myself off with the hose in the backyard every couple weeks, sometimes following it up with a big handful of delousing powder.

No wonder the girls at school never wanted to come to a sleepover at my house. :frown:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Loreal youth code moisturizer after I shower for my face (I have eye lines...)

Wash my hair every day, or just about. I am very oily. I only blow dry if it's in the 30s or below outside and I'm afraid my head will freeze off.

Rarely wear make up. Just eyeliner if I feel fancy.

degree body spray. old spice deodorant (I might secretly be a man).

ta-da!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Cleanse, moisturize, and take Vitamin A for healthy skin. That helps my skin :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I spray myself off with the hose in the backyard every couple weeks, sometimes following it up with a big handful of delousing powder.

No wonder the girls at school never wanted to come to a sleepover at my house. :frown:

This made me chuckle :laugh:
  • beckystahnke
    beckystahnke Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Lol, I have to say I am pretty much the opposite :) I wash my hair every day because it's fine and gets greasy if I don't. I don't have good skin (acne scarring, but thankfully very few breakouts these days) so I feel prettier with makeup on.

I love to smell good, above all else. I love anything that smells good, so I use a shampoo that smells like chocolate by TiGi (beautiful brunette, I think it's called) and a detangling conditioner that's minty. For body wash I use a brand called Love & Toast and the scent is Clementine. It smells like an orange creamsicle.

Other than that, I am ALL about the makeup. I have a huge collection of MAC, Urban Decay, NARS, and Stila products that I use daily. :) I love to take time for myself in a long bubble bath and get out smelling edible! I'm sure my boyfriend enjoys that too :P
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I wash & condition it my hair every other day, and add a drop of morrocan oil to the ends before combing. I leave it to dry naturally, it frizzes like crazy otherwise.
    I've got oily sensitive skin, so only cleanse every other day with Liz Earl Cleanse & Polish. The rest of the time I just splash cool water & rub over my face with a muslin cloth. I also use a gentle skin scrub once a week too.
    I don't bother with mosturiser, but always use a sunblock in the summer.
    Makeup, I wear a couple of times a year, and then I go all out gothic!:laugh:
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The best thing I have found in terms of a face cleanser is....... olive oil. It makes my skin glow, in that good way. I use it at night before bed and then steam my face with a hot washcloth as few times, then a little moisturizer and I'm done. I would highly recommend trying it :-) it makes skin soooo soft
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hair, I wash it only every 2 or 3 days. I'm extremely dry, so I have to be careful about showers, especially in winter. I use baking soda instead of shampoo but i use a normal conditioner and deep conditioner (about twice a week.). I try not to blowdry but sometimes i have to give it a short blast (its quite long-- almost to my bum!)

For makeup, I wear bb cream-- a korean kind of makeup which is pretty gentle, and more like a tinted moisturizer, I guess. For work, I don't usually wear more than that. Maybe a dab of concealer, if necessary.

AT night, i use a cleansing oil to remove all the bb cream and then I cleanse using a gentle wash. I exfoliate with a soft face brush thingy a few times a week. Sometimes I also do a face mask for moisture or whateve the problem is. After that, I do a multi-step korean style moisturizing system, haha. It takes a bit but it's helped keep my super-dry skin from being horrible :D

Mostly my skin is the most complicated process, haha..
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Hair - Shampoo & condition hair daily
    Skin - once a week I do a mask
    Daily I use cleanser, toner & moisturiser

Before I go to work I do makeup and blowdry my hair for 10 minutes :)
  • december8teen
    Options
    I wash my hair everyday, condition it and apply leave-on treatment after that.
    Washed my face with Clinique's cleanser, followed by applying toner, turnaround concentrate skin renewer serum and then 2 layers of moisturizers.
    And nope, I don't use make up. :)
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair about every second day, depending on how greasy I think it feels.

I wash my face daily, then use facial cleanser and a lotion for dry skin + an eye roll-on. Usually, I scrub it with a soft brush every couple days and put on a mask once or twice a week. When it's really cold, my skin gets even drier and then I have to use an expensive moisturizer by Clinique but I only use that when it's really necessary because it is so expensive and because it feels really greasy on my face for a while.

I love experimenting with makeup and when I put some on, it's usually quite noticeable. But since I work for a technical support hotline and am locked away in the office all day, I don't wear makeup everyday, only when I plan to go out after work.

For my nails, I see a friend every 3-4 weeks when they've grown out. He has a little manicure business on the side. He mostly works with gel which works really well for me and it's just like getting them done at a professional salon, along with all the fancy devices and colors, but for a much cheaper price. :)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair everyday, sometimes twice a day because when I work out, I SWEAT. I usually let my hair air dry for work. If I'm going out, I usually curl the ends, lots of volume, etc.
    I try to wash my face with creams and stuff but I forget. :cry: I do lather up in lotion all over after every shower. I hate being w/o lotion!!!
    As far as make up is concerned, I wear foundation, concealer, blush, mascara (I <3 mascara), and, lip gloss, and sometimes eyeliner. Sometimes I will fill in my eyebrows as well.

My hair usually takes 10-15 minutes to do.
    Make up takes about the same (going out make up).

There you have it. Nothing major.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm a skin freak! Especially since I have bad melasma (brown spots). Have tried every thing on the market but guess what? They dont work. Will need fractional laser to correct this. I use Dr Dennis Gross vit c brightening serum. Pricy but its worth every penny. Dont wear makeup unless I'm at work, dont want to scare anyone, and only mineral foundation, blush, and eyeliner.