Motivation!

Options
I seem to have lost all of my motivation lately and can't seem to get it back. I keep reading success stories and reassuring myself it's possible! I want to prove I can do this! I joined a gym, it's all girls and I love it! I want to add the 30 day shred in to my routine, the only problem is I have no routine anymore! I'm a full time student, work 30-40 hours a week, and am having trouble balancing my time..

What are some of the things that motivate you?
What's your workout plan and how do you prepare food? meal by meal or cook a lot and once so it's ready when you are?
Just looking for some helpful hints and ideas that might help me and anyone else who's getting a little off track.

Replies

• hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I got a personal trainer at the gym to help get me over some motivation issues there, it helps to have someone hold you accountable for your work out, and since you are paying for it that provides motivation to go :)
    And I love my slow cooker. I get a big meal and portion it out so I can grab it and go. ( I work 3rd shift full time, and am going to school part time, so having something ready to grab and gohelps a ton!!)
    Also a friend recently suggested if you blogged, go back and read your entries, it helps to see how you were feeling and hopefully helps you to get the motivation to feel that way again (if it was good :smile: )
  • carlachristinewhite
    Options
    I teach so I work same number or hours or even more just like you do. I usually nap for 30-60 mins. before working out. Eat energy boosting foods like apples or pineapple. If you are committed you will be able to lose weight. It is tiring being a student as it is, but it is equally tiring being a HS teacher as well. :) I think a buddy who will workout and track progress with you is also motivating. Also, I plan my meals for the day, meaning, I psyche myself on what I will eat for tomorrow or for the day so that I have a clear picture of the day's meal would be, is it healthy or not, and avoid maybe eating unhealthy just coz you are in a hurry. Planning your meals help in losing weight faster.