Calorie intake-under goal...ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• kdownes1
    Options
    I'm new at this too and now I'm a little confused. I thought that the calorie amount that MFP gives you is okay to consume andstill lose weight. Should i be trying to go under my alloted calories?
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I'm new at this too and now I'm a little confused. I thought that the calorie amount that MFP gives you is okay to consume andstill lose weight. Should i be trying to go under my alloted calories?
    Nope, you got it right. You should be aiming to meet the net MFP gives you each day, or at least within 100 cals or so. (or if you take a weekly view, aiming to hit the weekly total every week).
  • kdownes1
    Options
    Thanks for clearing it up for me!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I just ate 10 organic dark chocolate covered almonds for 210 cals. Dark chocolate has antioxidants, almonds have heart-healthy unsaturated fats and a little protein. YUM.

That sounds yum, I am getting some lol
  • grantacconda
    Options
    Depending on what exercise your doing daily/weekly and if your cholestorol is good id suggest Keto.

The Keto Diet is high fat, next to no carbs and moderate protein diet.

If you did this diet and walked or used a cross trainer 30 - 45mins morning and night the weight will fall off.

You need more calories to fuel the body.

boiled eggs, cheese, roasted unsalted almonds, lettuce, skinless chicken breast, bacon, fried eggs, sausage, protein shake
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, think about having some nuts, peanut butter (read the labels and get one with the least amount of ingredients), avocados, or a little bit of cheese. I know what you mean about eating empty calories before. If you're a person who likes the crunch of foods, you could get baby carrots. They've got good snap to them and are packed full of good for you stuffs. The dark chocolate suggestion is great too. I used to keep a Hershey's dark chocolate bar in my freezer and snap off one or two bricks for a little treat, and it would clock in somewhere around 50 calories if I remember correctly.

I hope you're loving MFP. It's a pretty fantastic site. :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I just ate 10 organic dark chocolate covered almonds for 210 cals. Dark chocolate has antioxidants, almonds have heart-healthy unsaturated fats and a little protein. YUM.

Now you make me wanna go grab a couple Trader Joe's eggnog almonds. Yummy! Almonds in general are such a delicious nut.
  • mrFerris
    mrFerris Posts: 122 Member
    Options

No. This is the number of calories needed to lose weight. Eating less may cause problems. This the main reason why I am overweight. For years I ate nothing for breakfast, nothing for lunch and nibbled a dinner or even just made do with a sandwich. For years I was confused as to why I was gaining weight. Then I discovered that the reason why I got fat and had absolutely no energy to do anything was because I didn't eat enough and my body went into starvation mode conserving every bit I put in my mouth and stored it as adipose tissue for when it needed it.

I have been eating a lot more since joining this site and since Xmas have lost 7 pounds already and have eaten more than I used to eat in a month.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options

Now you make me wanna go grab a couple Trader Joe's eggnog almonds. Yummy! Almonds in general are such a delicious nut.

Man, I might just have to venture up north to the Chicago burbs, i currently reside in central Illinois, just to get those eggnog almonds. I LOVE EGGNOG! I had forgo eggnog during the holiday season, so I think this would be a great alternative!