Ok.... So how do I get rid of these last few inches?????

Options
So, I have been doing pretty good with my workouts and eating reasonablily BUT I only have a few more inches left in order to really hit my goal. I'm not concentrating on weight but if I was let's just say I've got about 10 pounds left and from my understanding those last few are the hardest to lose. How much more strict do I need to be on my diet?? I exercise atleast 5 days a week, and my workouts are pretty intense yet I haven't seen the results I want..... Any advise??:ohwell: :ohwell:

Replies

• xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I say maybe change your workout for a while. Might help. :)
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Bad news! Slowly.

I had to raise my cals to almost maintenance and stick with it for several months before i saw the last 10 lbs go.
  • grantacconda
    Options
    what are your daily macs? calories, carbs, fat, protein...
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DocNorton
    Options
    ^^^^Same

I got to 195 and my goal was 185... Before I knew it I was back at 207...

If you find the answer let me know :)
  • la8dcruz
    la8dcruz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Boy,
    I have switched my workouts around and tried to change my diet a few times but it is rough. Than I would gain a little back and lose it again. This yo-yo is crazy! LOL...... I'm allowed 1400 calories for the day, and I try to workout atleast 90 minutes 5 days a week but I put on muscle easy so I have had to hold back on lifting too much. Maybe I need to make my diet a bit more strict.....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    Boy,
    I have switched my workouts around and tried to change my diet a few times but it is rough. Than I would gain a little back and lose it again. This yo-yo is crazy! LOL...... I'm allowed 1400 calories for the day, and I try to workout atleast 90 minutes 5 days a week but I put on muscle easy so I have had to hold back on lifting too much. Maybe I need to make my diet a bit more strict.....
    You don't put on muscle on calorie deficit. You may see more from lower body fat, but to put on muscle you have to be in calorie surplus.
    Females that I work with seem to "tighten" up when I apply heavy weights, 45 min session at most, and a diet that's concise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Heavy strenght training
    A very moderate deficite
    1g of protein for each pounds of lean body weight.
    Patience

yep....it suck
  • la8dcruz
    Options
    My biggest problem is I put on muscle very easy. When I lift heavy I actually bulk up quick, however I can't do too much cardio without doing some weight program. My ab / mid-section is my worst area, I can't seem to shed those last few inches. My arms and legs stay thick, I just want to lean them out and maintain my tone.
  • dkueter94
    Options
    Have you tried the Jillian's Shred or Ripped in 30? I did the Shred first and lost several inches and a few pounds. Its great for toning. Doing Ripped in 30 now. Both are very intense but great workouts! Highly recommend even though I secretly hate Jillian! She knows her stuff and you will get results!
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Boy,
    You don't put on muscle on calorie deficit. You may see more from lower body fat, but to put on muscle you have to be in calorie surplus.
    Females that I work with seem to "tighten" up when I apply heavy weights, 45 min session at most, and a diet that's concise.

Does this mean it's pointless me doing weights while losing weight? I was told that I'd get nooby gains lol
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    My biggest problem is I put on muscle very easy. When I lift heavy I actually bulk up quick, however I can't do too much cardio without doing some weight program. My ab / mid-section is my worst area, I can't seem to shed those last few inches. My arms and legs stay thick, I just want to lean them out and maintain my tone.
    You can't bulk up if you aren't eating a calorie surplus. Your tissue will swell more from water and glycogen retention, but that's only temporary.
    I can tell you I hear this a lot from females and when I take them on and do the program I tell them too, it works. Need to trust in science here.

IDEA Fitness member
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Strength training. For serious. I've gone from 145 to about 128, with a goal of about 120. I was lifting my first two months and losing weight pretty steadily, then I got lazy with the lifting (but kept doing my cardio six days a week) and sure enough, my weight loss slowed to a crawl. I did lose three pounds over the holiday, but my measurements are exactly the same from a month ago, and my upper arm even went up. I recommend taking a look at your body fat percentage.

If you're doing the same workout everyday, change it up. Your body might be used to it and isn't being challenged anymore.

Also, it might be worth your while to try some calorie cycling or eat more calories for a few days. I lost one pound over a month, but over the holidays and I was eating much more. Sometimes you need to give your metabolism a jog.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Does this mean it's pointless me doing weights while losing weight? I was told that I'd get nooby gains lol
    As a noob, you gain a little, but the point of lifting while reducing weight is to maintain the lean muscle you already have. If you don't, then your metabolic rate will drop which means eating even less food.

IDEA Fitness member
  • rochey1098
    Options
    As a noob, you gain a little, but the point of lifting while reducing weight is to maintain the lean muscle you already have. If you don't, then your metabolic rate will drop which means eating even less food.

Ah that's a decent reason to lift weights in itself :tongue:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    loads of scientific studies say that you can´t bulk on a calorie defficite and it´s even harder when you are a women since our testosterone is low compared to men. What you experience is probably muscle inflamation when muscle will hold on water for repair. You can´t lean muscles. Obviously, you know better then everyone else.
  • la8dcruz
    Options
    OK, so maybe it's time to add my heavy weights back in to my routine..... Let's see how this works out :wink: