How do you keep motivated?

Options
I have over 40lbs to lose and it seems like its never going to happen!! I need to stay motivated as I dont want another fat summer holiday.

So what do you do to keep motivated and keep moving?

Also, does anybody know how to set their ticker so its lbs to go rather than lbs lost?

Replies

• richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Edit the ticker here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/home

As for motivation, write a list of reasons why you want to be slimmer and lose weight but then at the same time write a list of why you do not want to do it, if you are struggling you may find you have more reasons not to do it than reasons to do it, seeing them both on paper in front of you will be a good first step to addressing them.

Rich
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    I have a dress that I want to look great in hanging up from the railing in my ceiling... Every time I go to get some food, I look at it and think "Do I really want that?"

I also hang my bikini on the wall, strange as it sounds.
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    i schedule events to train for, usually ones that are a big ask to get ready for.

I have a 25km trail run in June that I am aiming for this time, it is keeping me on track with my running and making me think twice about my eating habits, sleeping habits and stress levels.

Pick an event, one that you can work up to, and train for it :)
  • Vjb2525
    Vjb2525 Posts: 67
    Options
    I look at the Victoria Secret models... but I will lose weight in a healthy fashion not saying that models arent healthy, but I cut out a picture of a model from a catalogue and put it in the mirror when I wake up I see her all skinny and proud of her body that it helps me get some motivation. I want to be proud of my body too!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    diabetes. had it when I started. took a bunch of meds to control it. lost 100 lbs. and diabetes went away. doctor said I can easily get it back if I stop so that's 1 reason.

jogging. I was told by family, friends, doctor that I was too fat and heavy to jog. I started @ 400+ lbs. not very fast or for very long at first. to me it was more or less a big F.U. to all who said it and my stubborness to prove everyone wrong. I also like it too. still not fast but I'm doing it.

clothes. it's strange to be able to walk into a store, go to a big and tall section and find things my size. before I was 5-6XL sized shirt guy. I had to order all my clothes online because stores didn't carry my size. I'm 6'3 so I still buy in the Big and Tall section but I find shirt sizes easy now. currently a 2XL
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have pics of me when I was fit, happy and healthy up around my house, particularly on my fridge!!!! Reminds me that I can make it and that I have managed to be the weight I wanted before :-)
  • StephanieConnelly
    Options
    For me it's seeing people like Lacrolix and people I see on weight loss shows such as I used to be fat and the biggest loser, seeing other peoples success stories really motivates me. I have about 50lbs to lose at least so I know it's going to take a while to see a difference and have to keep telling myself that! It'd be great to be able to just magically be skinny but we have to be realistic and realise that we have a lot of work to do to get to the weight we'd be happy with then we can be really proud of ourselves and like Lacrolix show people what we can do whether they support us or not! :-)