I HATE FISH.

Options

Replies

• nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love fish!! and all seafood!!! I don't see how you couldn't. If you get a chance, try eating some super fresh fish.. totally different from frozen stuff. But that depends on geography, haha. :D

Anyway, try salmon (we put fillets in foil baggies, with just a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of garlic salt). Tuna steak is also great for people who enjoy tuna but not other fish-- you can buy a big steak of it. In my family we usually cook it in tomato sauce, but I don't have the recipe..

If white fish is best for you, try cod and orange roughy. :D Those are some of my favorites.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i ffeel your pain! i cant stand any seafood, terrible i know
  • ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Have you tried fresh tuna? Some people don't like the taste of white flaky fish, or fish like salmon or trout, but they enjoy tuna. It has a completely different taste than other fish. A little on the expensive side, but they do go on sale once in a while. It they only way my 9-year old niece will eat fish!

I have a great recipe if your interested... let me know.:smile:
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I used to hate fish as well. My favorites are orange roughy and mahi mahi now. I don't like tuna or anything that's too "fishy." Tilapia is okay as well, but not my top choice. Here's a WONDERFUL recipe that I love:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Fantastic-Fish-Tacos
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for all yur feedback.. ! it helped...i may try a few of yur recipes but if i still dont like fish then well i wont eat it. lol.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I also have a dislike for fish, I can only eat it with some sort of breading.
    I really like....
    Treasures from the Sea® Parmesan Tilapia (I found it in the frozen section at Sam's Club)
    and Beer battered cod (also in the Frozen food section)
    I've been having one of each with green beans for dinner, it always satisfies me.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to choose a mild white fish like cod or haddock. As long as you don't overcook them, these don't have a strong "fishy" taste. Spice them up, or serve with a sauce or gravy that you like to make them taste more familiar.

Prepare red fish such as salmon or tuna medium rare to raw and they will have a much better and less "fishy" taste. Sushi is a great way to eat fish without the fishy taste. Just go heavy on the wasabi.
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    The only kind of fish I like are the ones swimming in my aquarium. ;P

Although, an old co-worker did trick me into eating some tilapia once, and it actually wasn't awful.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any seafood at all. Just can't stand the texture and nothing hides that. So, I don't eat it :-) There are plenty of deliciously healthy foods out there without having to eat something you don't enjoy!

??? All seafood doesn't have the same texture. Shrimp. white fish. steak-type fish such as tuna or swordfish, oysters, scallops. The texture of any one of those is very different from the others.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Shrimp...bleugh to quote my colleague they are sea insects, no offence though each to their own, plus I keep them in my fish tank so that would just be cruel :P

I hate fish too ever since I had a can of tuna with one forkful with a bone, then another, then another, then I threw up - good times

You could try mixing your white fish with mashed vegetables - think of it like when you were a kid, your mum must have mashed things in so you couldnt tell what you were actually eating. I still get the 'guess what you just ate...'

Beans and savoy cabbage or sweet potatoes are good for this as they mask the flavour really well.

Spiced or chilli/curried fish is really nice too theres a few good recipes on google, literally just googled curried fish

Hope this helps?

Failing that, liquidise it and suck it through a straw to the back of your throat, you won't even taste it :P
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I used to hate fish/seafood, couldn't even stand the smell, but I kept trying it here and there because I know it's good for me and I wanted to expand my taste pallet (I was a VERY picky kid).

It was just a matter of trying the various options cooked different ways. I like tuna in a simple salad, but don't like it in a casserole. I also now like shrimp, but only if it's grilled. I eat catfish several different ways, as well as cod and tilapia. The cod is excellent fried, and I like catfish blackened. Tilapia is great lightly coated with panko and grated Parmesan cheese, then baked.
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I also hate fish.

Three years ago I moved to the Salmon Capital of the World. since then I've had all kinds of fresh salmon, halibut, Dungeness crab, King crab... and I STILL hate fish.

Only fish I'll eat is tuna fish. Not tuna; tuna fish. From a can. Has to be solid, packed in water and mixed with lots of mayo, garlic, and other flavors.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Who said you HAVE to have it? It's only the omega-3 that's in fish & you can take a supplement for it. Dont like it....dont eat it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hope tbf is getting fish more regular than that or tgf sorry
  • Clm81401
    Options
    OK, I get it. Do you like a nice thick juicie Steak? If the answer is Yes. Try "Shark". Thresher Shark is a close taste of steak, I would eat it insted of steak. Mako is good too, but Thresher is the best way to go. I live in rual Colorado so it is hard to get. Albertsons generaly will have it though. And yes, cook it like you would a steak.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    just keep trying it. whenever you get the chance. that is how i turned around my dislike of sushi.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite tilapia dish:

Pan sear tilapia fillets in olive oil ~ 6 minutes a side

Sauce:
    1/4 low fat plain greek yogurt
    2 tsp. honey
    1 tsp. dijon mustard
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    Salt & pepper
    Chopped chives
    Stir and set in fridge, I mix it before I start making the rest of my dinner

Serve tilapia over bed of risotto (I like lundbergs creamy parmesean for this) and drizzle with a healthy portion of sauce.

Enjoy!
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    GREAT YOU HATE FISH! THEN DON'T EAT IT...

and explain to me why we're yelling here?

Anywho I love sea food.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    OK, I get it. Do you like a nice thick juicie Steak? If the answer is Yes. Try "Shark". Thresher Shark is a close taste of steak, I would eat it insted of steak. Mako is good too, but Thresher is the best way to go. I live in rual Colorado so it is hard to get. Albertsons generaly will have it though. And yes, cook it like you would a steak.

I would ask that if you eat shark, you ensure the shark was harvested legally here in the US, and look in to what is known about mercury levels in that species.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I LOVE FISH!
    I HATE MEAT.
    Try some Tilapia. Butter/oil/pan fifteen minutes, done. I sometimes put cheese on it. ;x

You had me until you mention cheese. Cheese does not belong in a fish dish..