Newbie wanting to lose 75+lbs

Options
39 yr old female
Married
Mom
Have been overweight my whole life.
Need to improve my quality of life with better health.
Wanting to permanently get off of High Blood Pressure meds.
Always am the chubby/ fat pretty face girl.
Tired of being tired all the time.
Refuse to buy fat girl clothes anymore.

Made a decision to take care of myself because if I don't no one else will.
Seeking others with similar goals.
Desiring companionship during this lifelong goal and difficult journey.
I believe with accountability and a little encouragement we can achieve our goals together.

Replies

• aarnette
    Options
    I am a newbie too. I need to lose 80+. I am 42 a dad of 4 and live in Sydney (but I am an American) Let me know if you want to be buddies?
  • mybodyproject2012
    Options
    Yes
    Absolutely
  • kimm411
    Options
    I am in my second week back. First week was kind of off and one trying to figure it out. I have 70-80 lbs to lose. Add me if you want to try and support each other, I need all the help I can get !:)
  • lynsey80
    Options
    I too want to lose 75lbs - we can do it!!!!!
  • mcivabowden
    Options
    Add me!! I know you all can do it!! I never thought I could do it, I got started and this weight is coming off easily now ;) Im very happy with where I am now!
  • jaqiswany
    Options
    I just joined last week and Ive got loads to lose too >>>>>Im in for the long haul , feels like the last chance saloon for me so I need to make it work this time. Ive yo-yo dieted for years need to break the cycle once and for all this time , heres hoping :-)
  • ladybug813
    Options
    Hello, and welcome! If any of you ladies would like to friend me please do the more support the better! Yall have a fabulous day!
  • marie111
    marie111 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    wecome feel free to add me we can motivate each other good luck, take it slowly set urself small targets.
  • Amie_LR
    Amie_LR Posts: 50
    Options
    Not a newbie but still have a lot to lose, about the 75lb mark also. Sounds like you're already determined mentally and I found that was the biggest obstacle.

Have fun and also a bit of patience :)
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Welcome Newbies! This is a great site to achieve your weight loss goals and help you to make it a lifestyle. Feel free to add me as a Pal, should you so desire. Best wishes to all on your respective journeys. :flowerforyou:
  • kevgee
    kevgee Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi I am also a newbie. My partner & myself are doing it together.

Good luck everyone. Keep up the fantastic work.
  • TraceyMarieHarnett
    TraceyMarieHarnett Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You sound much like myself!! Welcome and please add me if you want! Support is the hardest thing I find about losing weight. My fiance is very supportive with words, but is a bit lacking in actions....he still buys junkfood and brings it home, which I find hard. So I often find myself lurking these message boards, trying to find some will power to resist!

Congrats and good luck!
  • jellybeaninchic
    Options
    I started here last year about this time and got lazy. I found a picture of myself from about 10 years ago when I was a size 4. I have offically decided that I will lose this weight and get there again. Feel free to add me and we can help each other stay on track. God knows I need a little help
  • gee3675
    gee3675 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi i also have 75lb+ to lose.
    Myself & my partner are getting healthy together.
    I had a baby 9 months ago. So i need to get fit
    to keep up with her.
    Please feel free to add me as s friend.
    We can spur each other on.
    Keep up the fantastic work guys.:smile:
  • wigglewigglexx
    Options
    Been on here a while, but never taken it serious!!
    I'm only a spring chicken and need to loose baby weight!! :(
  • misskayleighlou18
    Options
    hello

i am a 22 year old

who is having the same problem i have 45lbs to loose and i dont want to be the fat freind or buy fat clothes while my freinds buy all these gawjus clothes.

i am going on holiday in may so want to loose as much weight as possible before that without being stupid about it.
  • mybodyproject2012
    Options
    Let do this :)
  • mybodyproject2012
    Options
    Yes we can!
  • mybodyproject2012
    Options
    That is awesome!! I want to be able to say that and I WILL. Thanks for the add.
  • mybodyproject2012
    Options
    Me too. I better do something...soon.