Replies

• annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I so totally see it !
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    ok.. i can see the difference... if you cant see it i HIGHLY recommend grabbing those old size 20 jeans and putting them on! im sure they will fall right off! you are doing great. try to get a front picture of you so you can compare better, you have a neck! I lost 14 pounds and that was the first thing i noticed on me... my neck is separated from my chin. You are doing great, do NOT get discouraged and keep up the hard work chick-a-dee! You should be proud of yourself you have dropped 3 whole pant sizes and you look fabulous! :flowerforyou:
  • Ana1980a
    Options
    I can see a huge difference, your head looks much bigger than the rest of your body now where before your head looked smaller and you body was bigger.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Wow ! I noticed. If you have a before shot clear of your face you would see, but seems evident from here.

Great work, keep going.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    There's a big difference in your face, stomach and thighs! Very big difference. You're lookin' fantastic! Keep up the great work!
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    You didn't look 224 to begin with - you obviously carry your weight well but there's still a huge difference in how you look now. Your bum is much much smaller for a start. Well done on the loss and stop being so hard on yourself!
  • sunflowerjesss
    sunflowerjesss Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I see a HUGE difference!!! You are looking fabulous! In your before pic, keep in mind your sweatshirt is a bit baggy so it's not really showing your tummy area. But I think your abdomen looks more toned, your arms look thinner, your butt looks slimmed, and I definitely see a difference in your face.

You are doing a GREAT job!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    The difference IS noticeable. :flowerforyou: I can see a difference in your bottom, thighs and face - tel you what, go get those jeans from the before picture and put them on - that will give you an idea?

As you lose weight your self image changes slowly as well, so you get used to the you that you are at the time, that's why you don't notice much difference?

Well done on the 49lbs - that is a great achievement (that's what I want to do as well)
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi pet, you can definitely tell you've lost all of that weight! Maybe it's your shape you're still seeing! That won't change unless you do exercise that is good for say, elongating you (yoga/pilates). Try one of those each week?

I think a big part of losing weight is the emotional ties to it too....many of us can't see the changed "us". Stick in there, you're doing great flower!

:)
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    ok.. i can see the difference... if you cant see it i HIGHLY recommend grabbing those old size 20 jeans and putting them on! im sure they will fall right off! you are doing great. try to get a front picture of you so you can compare better, you have a neck! I lost 14 pounds and that was the first thing i noticed on me... my neck is separated from my chin. You are doing great, do NOT get discouraged and keep up the hard work chick-a-dee! You should be proud of yourself you have dropped 3 whole pant sizes and you look fabulous! :flowerforyou:

^^^That's exactly what I thought! I definitely see a difference!!
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I can definitely tell in your face and your pants. I agree with the others - I think the pullover makes it harder to tell, but there is DEFINITELY a difference. Keep it up!! You look fantastic!:bigsmile:
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    you can definitely tell in your thighs and your neck. if you're anything like me, you can probably see it in your chest too, but i don't really want to stare and you're in a sweatshirt in the before pic.
  • JenGrape
    JenGrape Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference!! Keep it up!! It only gets better from here on out! I started out at a size 24W just over a year ago and now I'm in a size 12. Each size down from size 14 you will notice an even bigger jump in "seeing the difference". Keep your chin up!! You can do this! Get those jeans back out and put them on!! :)
  • slolife14
    slolife14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Slimmer face (cheeks, double chin gone, etc.), slimmer thighs, smaller belly.

It takes a while for the fat reserves to go away but once you get past that, the changes become quite dramatic.

(I see a pretty big difference anyway)

I agrre 100% sometimes you look great keep the good work.
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You really look great! Def hop in those old size 20's and check out all the room you've got in there. Or....go lug around a 50lb bag of potatoes/flour.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You need to put those old pants on and then let's see if you can spot the difference! I definitely can, even with different and more fitted clothes.
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    Wow. Great loss so far! You look great!!

And sometimes we're so used to seeing the same thing in the mirror after years of being heavy, we have a hard time adjusting our view of what we really see now. Just rest assured that WE can see the change! :)
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am so annoyed. I can't be the only person who loses a lot of weight and just doesn't look much different? You would think that being only 5'3" I would really notice 49lbs but I just look the same! I started in size 20 pants and am now in 14's, but I still look almost exactly the same!

The before pics were at my heaviest, 224lbs, the new pic is today at 175lbs.

175-1.jpg027-3.jpg
    Well look closer because I can see it!lol Keep doing what you are doing because it's working. We are always our own worst critic, I look in the mirror sometimes and think the same thing. Trust me, you're doing a great job.:happy:
  • edathor
    Options
    I can see where you're coming from...Everyday I would look in the mirror and see that what I started with is still hanging around even though my pants size has gone down. I think, the more we look at ourselves in the mirror, the more our mind plays tricks with us. I've put my mirror away and started taking pictures every other week or so, but...

As everyone mentioned, there is a big difference in your pictures. Keep up the good work!
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference, but if it makes you feel better, start taking measurements. You can find plenty on google that you can print and fill in once a month, or you can just create a log in MS Word. (or whatever Apple has if you're a Mac fan)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!