237 pounds - the only way is down.....

Options
.....hopefully, anyway!

I'm Ellie and I feel a bit of a whale right now. Whilst I've never been tiny, two children in two years have only increased me all over!

I was shocked really to see some pictures of myself over Christmas, as that's not how I see myself, so I have decided the time is NOW!!

Also, my partner proposed on Christmas Day and I want to glide down the aisle, not waddle :)

Think I will struggle to keep going as I love cheese, toast, pizza, KFC, pasta, curry, chocolate, lattes, burgers, chips......heck, I just love eat ing :)

Wish me luck - I may need it :)

Replies

• nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I started at a very similar weight as you. It's pretty intimidating, sometimes.. but, still, it's worth it!!
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!! You can do this :)

I'm pretty much the same as you, two kids in two years (we must be mad!) And now i hardly recognise my body!
    I was basically the same starting weight as you too, give or take a lb!
    I'm currently 12lb down, after restarting a couple of times!!

I'm also shifting this bulge for my wedding, next year!!

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Good luck hun, you can do it :) Feel free to add me for encouragement :)

I also love the kinda foods you do but honestly, u can still have those but obvipusly in smaller quantaties. I don;t cut anything out of my diet, i just keep it within the cal range. Also i have a treat day every Saturday where i don't count cals, i find it keeps me going with the diet because i know i have that day to look forward to. My theory is that if u cut everything out then ur more likely gunna fail cause ur depriving urself. Just be sensible and eat in moderation. Best of luck :) x
  • BeeEllie
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

Have managed to resist a doorstep cheese sarnie, so going well so far......
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You're right where I am. It'll be a long road, but it'll be worth it!
  • abc2003family
    abc2003family Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You'll definitely find lots of support and motivation here...and if you were to ask, I'm sure wedding advice. LOL. Feel free to add me as a friend.