How to control my eating habits?

Options
I always tend to eat a lot when I'm bored or happy. Even while I'm studying, I need to have something to munch upon. I have absolutely no appetite for food(as in I never get hungry even if I don't eat anything for a whole day) but I eat just for the sake of it even when I'm not in the least hungry. I'm in 12th grade and usually spend my time studying or watching movies(both of which make me eat a lot). I need to keep myself engaged in order to abstain from eating uselessly.Does anyone else have the same problems? How do I keep myself from eating?
Please, please help!!

Replies

• munkeyfunk
    munkeyfunk Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    im in 12th grade too :smile:

You could drink water (lots of it) and see if it helps. haha
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I find that if I am not doing anything, I want to eat. Like sitting at home at the weekends - TERRIBLE time for snacking!

I have tried to fill my fridge with healthy snacks and stopped buying biscuits or treats - because having them in the cupboard means that I will eat them!
    Grapes, granola bars, fruit, cut up carrots etc are great for snacking on and will fill you up!

If you are sitting there doing nothing and you want to eat - find something to do for a little while and you'll soon forget about being hungry or wanting to snack!! Also, being hungry is sometimes easily confused with being thirsty. Drink a glass of water, wait 5 minutes, and see if it really was hunger that was bothering you!

Do you exercise at all?

Tiffani x
  • jasperoak
    Options
    Chew gum when you are studying, watching TV keep yourself occupied by flippng through magazines or collecting exercises to make yourself an exercise board. Take breaks from studying and try some of the exercises you've collected. Also try freezing grapes so you munch on something healthy.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum isn't good for you! (Sorry!!)

Chewing gum intakes a lot of air into the stomach, leaving you feeling and looking bloated!! I used to chew loads of gum and then I found out why my stomach was looking fat when I hadn't even eaten anything!
  • CooieNinja
    CooieNinja Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm gonna do that. I'll try to stop buying junk foods. xD
    I started exercising 3 days back(as soon as I joined MFP lol). I used to have a lot of physical exercise earlier because I was into sports and stuff, but now all that stopped. -_- Actually, I do drink a lot of water. Guess, I'll have to drink even more then. (:
    Thanks for replying. ^_^
  • luwalmsley1983
    Options
    Yeah, I'm gonna do that. I'll try to stop buying junk foods. xD
    I started exercising 3 days back(as soon as I joined MFP lol). I used to have a lot of physical exercise earlier because I was into sports and stuff, but now all that stopped. -_- Actually, I do drink a lot of water. Guess, I'll have to drink even more then. (:
    Thanks for replying. ^_^

Carrot sticks and salsa.... thats all I'm saying, munch away it's low calrooie and you'll get lots of good veg. Nothing "makes" you eat either if it's absent minded then you will probably find MFP helps you - as it's easier to get into a pattern of eating meals and then mini meals (snacks) in between them.

Good luck
  • CooieNinja
    CooieNinja Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    im in 12th grade too :smile:

You could drink water (lots of it) and see if it helps. haha

Nice to know there's someone my age! ^_^ And yeah, I do drink a lot of water. Its just recently that I've become weight/ health conscious(cuz I just realised that I gained nearly 13kgs in the last 2 years) T.T'
    Thanks for replying anyway. (: