POLAR F6

Options
So Im interested in getting one, but when Ive been asking around everyone says steer clear of the watch type HRM's. This seems to be a popular HRM but when I look at it it looks like you wear it around your wrist like a watch. Is this right or am I looking at something totally different

P11182168.jpg

Replies

• harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    One more thing does anyone know where I can purchase this from besides the internet??
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    The transmitter shown at the bottom is the chest strap.....so you use both components. This is not the watch only ones that some folks don't like. You should be good with this, I have an F1 - doesn't count calories so I have to plug my numbers into an equation but it helps me stay in target range and work harder.
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    Do any of the other F-series count calories like the F2, 3 or 4??
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am getting one for my birthday next week. I know dh has already bought it for me because he can't keep a secret, but he called our local sporting goods stores until he found one. I think he got it at Sportmart.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    right, they are talking about HRM's that estimate calorie burn. The Polars with the Chest strap don't estimate, they do a real time count of BPM, which translates into a very accurate calorie count (most say within 5% of actual calories burned, based on empirical testing).

Steer clear of the cheaper ones like the Mio's and some of the ones you get at walmart and such.
  • TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options
    I just picked up a Polar F7. If you search on goggle you can find the national Polar site for your country. Once on their site you can check out the different features of the different models on find local and online vendors. I was going to order mine online from the runningroom (best Canadain pricing I found) but found they had a store just up the road from me.
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    So if I get a lower grade polar would I be ok? I just cant afford the F6 right now but I want to be accurate at the same time. I would like somethin that tells me how many calories I have burned. Any suggestions that are between the 50-100 range. Thanks everyone for being so helpful and patient with me.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love my F6. I got the pink watch. I got mine at MC Sports on sale for $89.99. ****'s also carries them but didn't have the women's style when I was looking.

Weird...it wouldn't let me say the sporting goods store D*ck's.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I bought mine off the internet yesterday but maybe you could get one at an EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) store. I'm not sure but they have all kinds of outdoor stuff. I'll have to let you know how I like mine in a week or two, I'm not a big techie but I want to know what I am burning for calories each day and wanted to get myself motivated to do a little more. I am really interested in how many calories I will be spending hoeing my garden:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . It will probably be my biggest upper body workout this summer. Oh and the cardio when I am chasing a chicken down. No free range chickens on my farm.:laugh: :laugh: Hope you find one you like.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    So if I get a lower grade polar would I be ok? I just cant afford the F6 right now but I want to be accurate at the same time. I would like somethin that tells me how many calories I have burned. Any suggestions that are between the 50-100 range. Thanks everyone for being so helpful and patient with me.

You could go with a lower grade Polar, like the F4. Another option would be a Reebok Precision Trainer XT. It also has a chest strap, and calculates calories. I just got mine, and I really love it. It costs $45 on Amazon.
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    Ill have to check that one out!! Thanks for all the advice everyone its really helping me.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar F6 on ebay and could not live without it! You can also try a sporting good store like everyone else said. Walmart, Target and best Buy also carry them. If not in stores online.

The F4 is the lowest Polar you can go that will tell you how many calories you've burned.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    check it out 75 bucks plus shipping on buy it now from EBAY. hurry!

http://tinyurl.com/r4q7ea
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    does it matter if i get the males or females? im sure it does
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

nope, just color
  • livinwell
    livinwell Posts: 47
    Options
    I also love my Reebok with a chest strap, it was alot cheaper and it works great!
  • JustAnotherGirl
    Options
    I have a guys Polar F6 and the only difference is the color and it is not as dainty as the womens F6. (Pink is not my color so I got the mens black one) It works the same!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Do any of the other F-series count calories like the F2, 3 or 4??

the f4 does and thats the one I have and LOVE IT--
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

My F4 was 89.99 at Target