lunch that doesn't weigh me down

Options
Hello

I am wondering what I could eat for lunch that is healthy but doesn't make me feel bloated. It seems like whenever I eat salads or soups it fills me up but I always feel SO bloated afterwards and I feel like my stomach is HUGE afterwards.

Any ideas?

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    What kind of soups and salads? It might be the amount of sodium that you're injesting.
  • Scottslass
    Scottslass Posts: 76
    Options
    Are you eating bread with the salad or soup??? I have totally cut out bread and the bloating has stopped!

:flowerforyou:
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one. I usually eat salad for lunch with romain lettuce, cucumbers, some chicken breast and a reduced fat cheddar cheese stick added to it. I often have a problem with feeling bloated after eating the salad, also.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Make a grillled chicken breast sandwich on slices of whole wheat bread. On the side, have 3oz of carrot slices and 1/4c salsa and 1/4c fat free sour cream as a healthy side of chips and dip!
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    Most days I have 1/2 c. low fat cottage cheese, 1/2 sliced tomato, 1/2 cucumber, 6 or 8 baby carrots, 1Sargento Lite String cheese, and an open-faced sandwich w/ 1 slice of SaraLee 45 cal wheat bread, and 2 oz. tuna mixed w/ 1T Light Zesty Italian dressing and 1 T sliced green olives. It's a plate-full and only 275 calories, 22 g carbs & 33 g protein. Sometimes I melt the cheese on my tuna - tuna-melt!! If I want a bit more, I'll have 1/2 c. berries and a bit (2 or 3 oz.) of nonfat yogurt.

I typically have issues w/ bloating as well, but since I've all but given up white sugar and flour (it's been almost 1 month) I haven't had issues, :noway: now that you mention it! :bigsmile:
  • Topxgun
    Topxgun Posts: 38
    Options
    My lunch is turkey/cheese/lettuce sandwich. low cal. I feel fine awferward.
  • red_july
    red_july Posts: 13
    Options
    try drinking 1 Tbs aloe vera juice before your meal to stimulate digestion. Also, using herbs like dill, fennel, thyme, and mint reduce gas. You can replace salt with seaweed seasonings instead. Peppermint tea helps, too. Oh and try digestive enzymes with your meals to help breakdown foods (you can find them at a health food store).

Hope this helps.