TurboFire help !

Options
Waiting on my TurboFire to arrive (yay!!!) but had some quick questions. I know the program is meant to be completed in 90 days, but how many days a week are you supposed to do the program? Also I have seen a lot of people wear weighed gloves .... ? Something I should look into?

Replies

• melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The schedule has you doing it 6x a week. It's AWESOME! You won't want to take a rest day. About the gloves, I used to use them for turbo jam and it was fine, but turbo fire is a lot more intense. I haven't been able to use them yet. Wait til you get the DVDs. You may realize that you don't need them for right now. :)
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    There are 6 workouts a week for 12 weeks. They also offer an advanced DVD set which allows you to turn the program into 20 weeks. The gloves are not a necessity, but intensify the workout and you'll feel it in your arms and shoulders. I would do the first couple of workouts to see if you want to pursue that option.

I have completed Round One of 20 weeks and just started Round Two. Good luck and have fun. :smile:
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am just so afraid that I will be so sore that I won't be able to move, much less do 6 days in a row. Have you ran into that problem? (or did you when you first started?)
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It's not so bad. There is actually a 9 week prep program also to help prepare you for it. I actually did this prior to starting the actual program.

The workouts vary in length and styles. You'll do TF 30 several times in the first week to get you acclimated to the program and start out with HIIT workouts twice a week.

TF 30, 45, and 55 are cardio workouts.
    HIIT workouts are comprised of drills for short bursts of time. You will start out with HIIT 15 for example. It is 3 drills that last around 30 seconds. You'll do each drill 3 times.

There is also a New to Class option available. This breaks down each segment of the workout for you. You might want to try it the first time. It generally adds time to the workout though.

Do not worry about the moves in the beginning. When I started TF I was like an octopus on roller skates. You'll get the routine down sooner than you'll think. The important part is to keep moving.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I love weighted gloves, I finally got a new set this Christmas after 5 years of Turbo Jam and Everlast had a great 1lb each hand set for only $15 at Sears. I would not workout without gloves b/c I feel it's not hard enough. They help get your HR up, burn more cals and define your arms/shoulders better and faster.