Spaghetti Squash

Options
LeiaBeekley
LeiaBeekley Posts: 26 Member
Good morning, I'm making spaghetti squash for the first time tonight. I put it in the crock pot this morning and I was curious if anyone knew how I should season it?

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    -salt & pepper (with a little butter)
    -some people put spaghetti sauce on it (I've never tried that)
    -cinnamon
  • MWMaker
    Options
    -little bit of butter and brown sugar
    -honey and cinnamon
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    i just had some last night for dinner!

i usually put a red sauce on it.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I usually just split mine and rub with olive oil, little salt and pepper then put it in a 400 oven for an hour. I freeze it in single serving bags.
  • LeiaBeekley
    LeiaBeekley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on cooking mine with red sauce but wasn't sure if I should still season it. Thank you all for your replies :)
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    never cooked it in a crock, but let me know how it turns out!

i make spaghetti squash lasagna or "pasta"....mmm mmm mmm
  • heatherterp
    Options
    I have never tried the crock pot. love this one as a side dish
    http://steamykitchen.com/11285-baked-spaghetti-squash-with-garlic-and-butter.html
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I bake mine and add sea salt and pepper......It's delicious!
  • justme84x
    Options
    I usually just split mine and rub with olive oil, little salt and pepper then put it in a 400 oven for an hour. I freeze it in single serving bags.

ooh i wondered if it could be frozen!! guess this answeres my question!! :)
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I just put it in place of noodles. The first time I had it, I just put regular spaghetti sauce on it. Last week, I made a homemade tomato and shrimp topping that I put on top of it.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    i have always microwaved it never crock-pot let us know how it turns out :)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to make it where I actually liked it. I'd be interested to know how this turns out!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on cooking mine with red sauce but wasn't sure if I should still season it. Thank you all for your replies :)
    I don't think you have to season it with anything if you are going to add sauce.
  • ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    just salt, pepper and garlic.

I make mine as a lasagna.

1. Halve it and roast flesh side down (at 400 for about 40 minutes)
    2. Remove the inside with a fork (should look just like spaghetti)
    3. Once you have the flesh removed... layer with tomatoe sauce, squash, sauce, cottage cheese (or ricotta) with parmesan, (can also add a layer of meat here), squash, sauce, mozzerella... bake in oven until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.

It's delicious!
  • j3nnal3igh13
    Options
    Depending if you want more of a "spaghetti" and sauce tasting dish or something more sweet and savory. I usually use a homemade marinara sauce with extra veggies. But, just salt, pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and parmesan cheese taste great. So does the brown sugar and cinnamon, but I find it a little to sweet for my liking.
  • jujuwoome
    Options
    I usually put a block of herb/garlic laughing cow cheese in a serving or swiss cheese and let it melt! Very rich and low cal.
  • KaraK10
    Options
    I usually bake it in the oven cut in half length wise for about 45 minutes and then sauté the "spaghetti" with a little garlic and olive oil and then add marinara sauce. Im curious as well about the crock pot version.
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    bump
  • vegibowl
    vegibowl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually use Ragu & Parmesan (like regular spaghetti) or just some Nature's Seasons. It's pretty flavorful all by itself. Enjoy!
  • ChristaMcCoy24
    ChristaMcCoy24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bake mine with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Then break it up with a fork and toss with a teensy bit of browned butter and sage. I also like to add some chicken sausage for extra protein.