Good Recipe Books?

Options
xxooandcookies
xxooandcookies Posts: 3 Member
I'm dieting on a budget, as are most I'm sure!, I was looking for recipes that include the everyday stuff I would have around the house. I've found that a lot of them call for some expensive ingredients that I typically wouldn't buy. My boyfriend and his 2 kids all have fabulous metabloism's and have no need to lose weight so I can't spend my whole food budget satisfying my overweight self. I was just curious if anyone has an awesome recipe books that they're into that I could check out.

Replies

• pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    If you want to page through an actual book, check out your local library. They have cookbooks in the nonfiction section, and it's a great way to try a bunch of recipes without having to pay for a book.

I would recommend the site www.skinnytaste.com. The woman who is in charge of that blog posts a ton of easy, delicious recipes. Go look through the recipe index and you'll find plenty of healthy things you want to try! I especially love the baked eggplant sticks or any of the chicken rollatini recipies :D

I also like eatingwell.com, but sometimes they do come up with some "fancier" type recipes. My family doesn't really like fancy foods, so I have difficulty finding things there that everyone wants to eat.
  • hawkeygal
    hawkeygal Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's not an actual book, however, www.eatingwell.com and www.cookinglight.com have great recipes and don't break the bank. (They also have annual cookbooks too)