The VA put me on the "fat boy" program

Options
So, I went in for my yearly checkup (three years too late) and the doctor was concerned. I had put on over 30 LBS since the last visit (putting me at 250 LBS). At 5'11, she was concerned about other problems relating to being "heavy".
Long story short, I am now on a program called "telemove" which is a VA run program. You can google it.
Anyway, I downloaded the iPhone app as an easy way to count calories and I was REALLY shocked as to what I was putting in my mouth.
I started the lifestyle change on Wednesday, Dec 21st and as of today, Jan 9th, I have gone from 250LBS to 237.8 LBS.
My target weight is 220 LBS and, as a way of me cheating, I am working out more so that my net calories intake increases (I love food).
I am still being careful as to what I eat and my own liffle "voctory" came Saturday. A group of us went to Chick Fil A and I got a salad instead of a sandwich.
I know it seems small but for me, that was HUGE.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.
  • Rhondafaith
    Options
    Celebrate the small victories as well as the big ones! Having a salad instead of a sandwich IS huge in my book, too! Congratulations on doing the right stuff and on your weight loss! Here's to you!!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys,
    This is my first time attempting to drop weight.
    All my life I have been trying to add weight and, while in the Army, I was at a solid 220 LBS.
    I would LOVE to get back to that although I know that at my age and "fitness program" I will probably not be as solid.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Ugh... Put on 1.5 LBS in a week.