The weekend pound

Options
I do oh so well the entire work week, I know it has a lot to do with the fact I have a set schedule. The weekend however gets me each time - I usually end up Monday morning with an extra pound.

How do you keep yourself going when the week schedule is interrupted by the weekend?

Replies

• RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Probably just water weight. Remember, you have to eat an extra 3500 calories to gain 1 pound.
  • tnorkus
    tnorkus Posts: 45
    Options
    If I can make it through the weekend with only a pound gain then I find myself lucky.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself on Monday... simples! :bigsmile:
  • Angierae81
    Angierae81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat as you, I've doing this since 11/19/11, and every weekend i gain back a pound and drop it during the week, I've only lost 5 pounds so far and its getting frustrating,, this weekend i did really good I logged every single day and logged every single thing i ate and did, and sitll gain a 8 ozs back I know its not a lot but geezzzzzzz!!. sorry i dont have a soluation I just understand what your going through.
  • waxette83
    Options
    I do the same thing. It is so frustrating. I agree that its easy to stay on task during the week with a schedule. I am trying so hard to eat better on the weekends.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem - it's probably just water weight (for me I know it comes off by Wednesday at the latest.. kind of an obsessive weigher)

try flushing out sodium/water weight by drinking a lot of water. I know that while I'm at work I try to drink at least 3 rounds of my 20oz water bottle, plus I usually have a cup of tea now that it's cold outside.

since your week is way more structured than your weekend and you do better that way (same boat here) just try to have Monday always be your SUPERSERIOUS day :) lots of water, stay under cals, and maybe some extra calorie burning.

good luck!

P.S. edited to add - it doesn't hurt to wait til later in the week to do your official weigh-in, too! try it on a Friday morning instead. the confidence alone from knowing that you've made progress might get you even BETTER results!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    At least I know that I am not the only one... it is frustrating to say the least. Thinking, I do drink 3-24oz of water at work each day...
  • serenarae
    Options
    I concur with not weighing yourself on Monday. It can be misleading if you're eating differently on weekends. I don't log calories on weekends, though I still try to eat healthy and portion well, but I always do my weigh ins on Fridays. Those feel the most accurate to me because it's right after a good 5 days of portioned eating, which evens out the possible missteps from the previous weekend.

Hope this helps!
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I am looking for answers too!