Plant Based/Engine 2

Options
I have been seriously considering adopting a plant-based eating plan for a few months. Several of my co-workers have started eating a plant based diet; some to reverse heart disease, others just to adopt a healthier lifestyle. I have read a few books, including the Engine 2 Diet. I've decided to make today day 1, and try this out for 28 days (4 weeks) and re-evaluate weather I think it is a better, healthier way to live. I'm looking for others who are on plant based diets, for whatever reason, and specifically those who are familiar with Rip Esselstyn and his book. ***Note*** supportive posts only. NOT looking for someone to tell me I'm wrong. Thanks

Replies

• lllooper
    lllooper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the book now, and it sounds great! I'll probably start it soon. What do you think so far?
  • luwalmsley1983
    Options
    I recently went vegetarian, I'll eat eggs and cheese but thats it. For no other reason than I was informed that hormones in non organic meat can affect us and I can't afford organic. Honestly. I've not missed meat (it's only been a few days).

I knew a vegan - I've dallied with it myself. I wish you luck. I can honestly say that even meat free I feel better, my systems detoxing a bit but it's not unpleasant and I feel nourished. I also feel happier knowing I'm reducing my carbon impact.

If you've been thinking about it a few months and planning it it's not just a whim, try it - just make sure you eat your calories daily :)
  • NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the book but I'd love to! I'm vegan and loving it. Feel free to add me. There are some groups on here too. Happy Herbivore is one. I can't think of the names of the vegan and vegetarian ones but you can do a search. Happy transitioning! I'm around if you have some questions. I'll try to answer. Some people on here will poke at you, I don't even bother entering into discussions. We all have to do what works for us. :flowerforyou:
  • crobertson87
    crobertson87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feeling great so far! It's not that hard, and it seems I can eat all day long and not exceed (by much) my calorie goals. Have a HUGE whole foods shopping list for this week! It also helps having a few people at work doing the same thing! Excellent Book too, really easy read that cleared up a lot of questions. Read it in a few hours!
  • lllooper
    lllooper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear! Is your Whole Foods promoting the Engine 2 28-Day Challenge too?
  • vegla1025
    Options
    I love eating a plant-based diet! Easy way to start is with a meal delivery service. Fresh 'N Lean's is great. All organic and they ship too. www.freshnlean.com
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Working this too....hard to give up dark chocolate! anyone try vegan chocolate ?
  • dhurley88
    dhurley88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do you have an update? I'd love to know how the past few weeks have gone! Feel free to add me.