Mom's Back!

Options
Hi! I wanted to introduce myself. I am a stay at home mom who is back! Back in school to finish my nursing degree and back on the ball at home trying to juggle everyone's schedules as well as my own! And looking to get back to my "fighting" weight!!

I'm hoping to find support throughout my journey. My husband is wildly supportive, but he has no idea how much I have to lose! I'm so embarrassed at how much weight I have let myself gain! It has been a challenging year and I have slowly been letting myself go. Now I am thee heaviest I have ever been (even at full term pregnancy!!)! And I am tired of not wanting to go out because I don't like how my clothes fit...oh wait, they don't fit! I don't like my body and hide it from my husband...see how this has spiraled way out of control for me!

I have spent the last week logging my food on here and joined the gym and signed up for a weight loss program there. I'm going to make this my time to get me back!!

Looking forward to joining you on your journey! I know we can do it!!

Replies

• sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You absolutely can do this!!! When I joined in October, I was at my highest weight ever too (even higher than the day I delivered Kate!). It is a slow process, but slow and steady wins the race, right??

I'm here for you!!! We totally can do this together!! xoxo
  • Surgtechmom3
    Options
    Xo

I know you know! College Roomie!! I'm so happy for you! It is awesome!!! And yes, I don't have any options at this point! Totally time to change everything!
  • Surgtechmom3
    Options
    Lolol... You can see that I joined last Feb...but fell off the boat! I erased all other diet logs and will just focus my energy here and in my log for the gym.
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am Inspired to hear that you are putting yourself first. I am 32 and I am about 10lbs less then my higest weight which is a scary thought. I know that if I want to be around for my Husband and our future family I need to do this for my health and my longevity on this earth. The hardes part is that I am a cook so I am around food all the time and I love to Bake as a way to relax when I am at home. I try not to do that too much since my Husband does not like too many sweets and that means that i usually end up eating them. If my Husband is suportive i am not sure cause he seems to stay quiet on the matter.
    I have one friend here In Ottawa that is joining the weight loss battle but I think I need more support and I am happy to have you on my side.

Mel
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Lolol... You can see that I joined last Feb...but fell off the boat! I erased all other diet logs and will just focus my energy here and in my log for the gym.

Um, yeah, I joined in July and then fell off the wagon until October, lol! Getting some not so great blood work results in September kicked my butt in gear. Years of being overweight were finally starting to catch up to me and I refuse to be on medications or anything for something I can control. So, yes, it isn't a choice now, it is something I HAVE to do. Although I must say, I don't feel like I"m dieting at all. I just feel like I'm making better choices.
  • Surgtechmom3
    Options
    Mel, I hear you on the cooking and baking thing. We have three kids and I must have a latent Italian bone in me that just likes to feed people! Difference lately has been how I'm cooking. My cupcake pans have been turned into Turkey patty molds! Lol! That must be a baking crime.

It must be hard to be around food all the time. I find that if I am organized (easier said than done...) I have a better shot at staying on the right food path. I bought all new food storage containers and changed where I went shopping so I wasn't programmed to go to the same old isles and just grab what was familiar. My family went in shock when I threw away EVERYTHING that was junk. That kind of food isn't good for the, either.

If I have figured out anything, it's what you eat. If I'm going to use it to fuel my body, it better be worthy of me! My time to cook it, the money we spend on it, the children I'm putting it into!

I think too by having goals and putting them out here...and finding support, we will all be successful!
  • Surgtechmom3
    Options
    Exactly! I refuse to call it a diet. It is simply better choices. Really being aware of what im using to fuel me! I pay attention to what the kids eat and don't give them crap, so I have just added me to their section! Lol...as moms we always take better care of others than we ever do ourselves. But without us, who will love them like we do as their moms?!!!

I love to look at all my containers full of cut fruits and veggies now...oh and my cupcake shaped turkey patties!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you, it seems you know what you need to do and I hope all the people on here can help motivate you. Joining a gym is wonderful. I was on another online diary for almost 5 years and it was great but I did not incorporate exercise into the equation and it makes all the difference. I love going to the gym now. I take 2 yoga classes, 2 cardio-pump classes and 1 zumba class every week and I try to spend 2 days a week on my own with the treadmill or machines too. I am not extremely overweight, I am 5ft 6 and weight 152 now but I was up to 172 and for me that was terribly uncomfortable. I hated not finding any clothes to cover my spare tire, I think for me that was the worst since I am such a clothes horse! I vowed to get into great shape and keep it off for good. I signed up for a 5k that incorporates obstacle courses with mudd and water, I am scared as hell but so determined to do it.......gotta have goals. Keep us all up to date. Take a picture of yourself now so you will have something to compare all your hard work with!
  • Rhondaj46
    Options
    Hi, I know what you mean, I didn't want my husband to know what I weighed either, but I finallly broke down and told him, that is when he became more supportive of my diet, he started excercising with me, and he really encourages now. He also motivates me, like last night I was just sitting on the couch watching TV. It was my birthday and of course I blew my diet and was feeling guilty. He got up put his workout pants on, his tennis shoes and said get up, we are going to do weigh in, in the morning, and this is your last chance work out. So I did. I weighed this morning and I lost 3 pounds my first week. I'm glad I told my husband my weight now.
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Well we eat pretty healthy here for the most part. I told my husband that if he was going to bring Junk in the house to make sure that it was somthing that i do not like. Which is really easy for him to do.
    I have to try to account for 150 extra calories a day for work since i have to try the food that we make, so that makes life a bit hard since i am not sure exactly how much i eat there, but it is hard to keep track.
    The other thing is that I work shift work so eating late is probably another problem. I work one week days(6am-2pm) and one week Afternoons (2pm-10pm).
    I am planning not to do any baking till I loose the first 16 lbs then i will increase the exercise and add a few chocolate chip cookies in there. I don`t want to deprive myself or this will not work as a long term lifestyle.

so here is to a new year and a new life style
    Mel