Trying again! I need friends to motivate me!

Options
Hello! My name is Sarah. I was never overweight until I had children. I've never lost the weight after I had them. I have 2 girls that are 9 & 11 and I have twin boys who are 3 1/2. I am looking to lose around 60 pounds. I've dieted in the past and been successfull, but then I get bored and go back to eating poorly and not exercising and end up gaining it back. This time I want to stay motivated and I think having friends can definately help with that!

Replies

• MichelleKMo
    MichelleKMo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah!! You can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • tamirforbes
    Options
    I know the feeling and frustration!!! I lost 30 pounds last year on Nutrisystem and then went right back to my old bad habits and guess what...I gained it all back. So now with Myfitnesspal I am retraining myself to make good choices - eat healthy foods and really stick to a lifestyle change and not a temporary fix or diet.

Good luck - We will be cheering you on!!!

Tami:bigsmile:
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

I have been on MFP since July, 2010. It's the best decision I ever made. It's helped me lose and maintain an 87 pound loss. Now I am trying to lose the last 20 or so. Feel free to friend me, it's always nice to have new weight loss buddies.

Good luck
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    Hi Sarah!

Yes, you really can do this. I only started yesterday but am full of hope :)

Good luck, and feel free to add me as a friend!

Deborah
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah, feel free to friend me. I'm looking for friends here too! :)

I lost 30 lbs in 2010 before getting pregnant with my son. I've lost 8 lbs & have 42 to go before reaching my goal. I'd love to hit that goal before the end of the year. Looking forward to encouraging you & getting to know you!
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do this!!! :) I've lost 84 pounds over the last year. MFP has been great for me.
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Can't have to much motivation!
  • PinkZinnias
    Options
    I'm a mom of a 12 year old boy and a 9 year old girl. I was thin before my first pregnancy and have lost and gained several times since. This time I want to lose it and keep it off. You can add me if you want and we can help motivate each other to reach our goals!
  • crystalhakes
    crystalhakes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear you I use to do fitness competitions and be very fit then had kiddo's and I too get bored so feel free to add me as a friend and we will accomplish our goals together!!
  • peralescm
    peralescm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! One day and choice at a time! Set small goals my friend :) You got this!
  • BuildABetterMe
    Options
    Hey there! Congrats on taking the first step - it's the biggest!

2 things:

1) If *I* can do it, ANYONE can... and that means YOU!

2) Watch this. It's what got me off my butt after 41 years.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same boat. I have about70 to lose but will be happy with 60.Feel free to friend me if you want.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sarah--You can do this! MFP is the easiet way I have even found to lose weight, and the poeple here are amazing! I am not going to say it's going to be easy and I am not going to say that you won't want to quit at times...but I promise you there will be people on this site that will help pick you up and dust you off and help you stay on a heathy path. =) ... Good luck on your Journey! I know you will accomplish great things!
  • ksutte
    ksutte Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Me too! You can do this, for good! I've had a difficult time after my two kids, they are 5 and 6 now. I lost 22 lbs between April and Oct last year, but then life got in the way. All that drama is mostly over and getting back into the swing of things. Feel free to friend me! - Kelly
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    awsome!
  • chrisindy
    Options
    Hey same story as mine :ohwell: I'm at the same place so I'll friend u!! :happy:
  • sunshine2015
    Options
    You can do it Sarah! and you will find good support here on MFP!! If you want to add me please do!!
  • Apriltrev04
    Apriltrev04 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    you can totally do this!! feel free to add me if you would like!
  • Legalchica
    Options
    HI!! I also have twins but Mine are 5 :) Feel free to add me :) I'm a work in progress too! We can get there!
  • phatgirllives
    Options
    feel free to add me, too. I also need motivators. I use a wheelchair.