lean cuisines

Options
Do you think its okay to eat lean cuisines? I hear mixed things, but I just recently ate a few of them. LOL. Thinking about incorporating one or two per week. Not to over do it, but maybe eat it with a salad?

Replies

• becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    They are high in sodium. I eat them for lunch at work. If you have sodium issues I wouldnt.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I eat them also. Usually once or twice a week and I do it when I am too lazy to cook something but don't want to eat the ready made crap alternatives. Watch the sodium but otherwise I would say okay in moderation (just like everything else). :happy:
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    As high as they are in sodium, they are still a staple to my diet. I work night shift and while I know that I should be eating whole foods and veggies, the reality is if I don't have something that is quick and easy, I will end up going out for something whaich will definitely sabotage all my hard work. I keep a couple Lean Cuisines @ wrok in the freezer for the really busy nights when I just don't have the time or motivation to bring or cook something more healthy.
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    I also eat them. I feel like they are fast and easy to prepare. They are also portioned the right way. I am still losing so I don't see the harm in eating them.
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    I also eat them. I feel like they are fast and easy to prepare. They are also portioned the right way. I am still losing so I don't see the harm in eating them.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Yup count me in too..I definitely eat them. I have sodium tracking on my food journal and even with eating them i do not go over and I do not eat them every day . Seriously, they are sooo good!hahahaha and perfectly portion controlled!!
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    Yup count me in too..I definitely eat them. I have sodium tracking on my food journal and even with eating them i do not go over and I do not eat them every day . Seriously, they are sooo good!hahahaha and perfectly portion controlled!!

I am a vegetarian and they are the only ones with tasty no meat foods. I love the roasted veggie pizza and the margaritta (sp) pizza. I think I might have one for lunch today as a matter of fact :happy:
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Today will be my first go at a lean cuisine! I've been pretty stumped at what to have for dinner lately and am getting really bored of subs from Subway and regular ol' salad, so I thought I'd try out a couple of their paninis! It's easy to prepare - especially since hubby's torn apart the whole kitchen to tile the floors and we currently don't have a stove or oven for me to cook anything (not like I did much cooking when the stove was there...LOL)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    one or 2 a week is ok, but seriously, those little suckers are really expensive for the amount of food you're getting. Much more affordable and nutritious to throw together a tuna sandwich.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I have had lean cuisines, and President Choice Blue menu frozen meals.
    at 200-300 calories, portioned nicely, you can't go wrong.

I also track sodium in my chart and have kept under daily limits.
    I've even had 3 of these smaller meals in one day....... Lunch(270cal), snack(220 cal), dinner(300cal) with lots of room for fruits and vegetables.

Price is not that bad, yes it can be expensive, but it can also be expensive hitting subway, and any other restaurant/take out, if you have nothing prepared before hand.

SillySkittles - try adding fruit to your salad, I find it makes them taste very good.........
    Cut up an apple/orange, or some grapes.
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    one or 2 a week is ok, but seriously, those little suckers are really expensive for the amount of food you're getting. Much more affordable and nutritious to throw together a tuna sandwich.

I usually buy them on sale ($2.00 or less) and I don't eat meat so the tuna is out (I liked tuna when I ate meat). But like I said, they have some good no meat options. :smile:
  • fairylovrgrl
    Options
    I eat these a lot during the week too. It really is just way more convienent for me. The portions are right for me and I only buy them when they are on sale. I will usually eat one a day and it's usually for my lunch. Like some of the other people said, it can be expensive buying Subway all the time. I know it's probably cheaper to make stuff at home and bring it, but the reality, for me anyway, is that I just don't have the time or energy. Between working full-time, taking care of the kids, traveling 45 min each way to work, going to the gym, this is just the easiest option for me. :smile:
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    I also eat the lean cuisines, michelinea's, and smart one's. I eat one of these everyday for lunch at work. I usually will have a small salad and fresh fruit with mine. I only buy them when they are on sale.