New to the site and looking for friends!

Options
Hi All!

My name is Mary Ann, and I am a single mom of a beautiful 11-year old girl! In 2003, I weighed 450 lbs and vowed to stop before it killed me. By July of last year, I was down to 225, but I stopped paying attention to my diet and have since gone up to 274 since the beginning of this month. I never was truly attentive to what I ate, and did NOT exercise, something that has profusely changed...especially since joining this site! Since Jan 1st, 2012 I have lost 5 lbs and am looking for others who are completely dedicated to hitting their goals to be friends with and support each other! I now work out at least 30 min per day and feel like crap if I do not. My daughter and I are in this together...she wants to lose about 50 lbs, and I want to get down to 175 or lower by next July. I feel this is an acceptable goal and am dedicated towards hitting it.

I look forward to hearing your journey, seeing your goals, and supporting my new friends. We are all in this together, and together we will succeed!

Replies

• lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me as a friend and we can help each other along this weight loss journey!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me as a friend and we can help each other along this weight loss journey!

Thanks! Just sent the invite!
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

My name is Mary Ann, and I am a single mom of a beautiful 11-year old girl! In 2003, I weighed 450 lbs and vowed to stop before it killed me. By July of last year, I was down to 225, but I stopped paying attention to my diet and have since gone up to 274 since the beginning of this month. I never was truly attentive to what I ate, and did NOT exercise, something that has profusely changed...especially since joining this site! Since Jan 1st, 2012 I have lost 5 lbs and am looking for others who are completely dedicated to hitting their goals to be friends with and support each other! I now work out at least 30 min per day and feel like crap if I do not. My daughter and I are in this together...she wants to lose about 50 lbs, and I want to get down to 175 or lower by next July. I feel this is an acceptable goal and am dedicated towards hitting it.

I look forward to hearing your journey, seeing your goals, and supporting my new friends. We are all in this together, and together we will succeed!

Wow!!! You've done so well!!! Friend request sent as you seem like an inspirational person to have on my friends list :smile:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    Hi All!

Wow!!! You've done so well!!! Friend request sent as you seem like an inspirational person to have on my friends list :smile:

Thanks! I just accepted you! Thanks for requesting me!
  • SongbirdTrisha
    SongbirdTrisha Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary Ann! I'm two days into this site; feel free to add me! We can do this together! BTW, congratulations on doing such a good job with losing weight- you will do awesome on the final leg of your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    hi

im a single mum of an 8 year old girl.. im losing weight, for myself, but also for her. i want to be a happy, healthy role model and teach ehr how to make good food and lyfestyle choices.

im from Australi. Feel free to add me as a friend, its easier to lose wight, with the support of others, its often the "online" friends who offer better support than our "real life" friends...
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    Thank you SongbirdTrish and iluvmuzik2! I just approved your adds or requested you as needed. Supporting each other we are sure to meet our goals!
  • mwapay
    mwapay Posts: 18
    Options
    hi....adding u on :-)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    hi....adding u on :-)

Thank you! I just approved you!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    bump
  • harlylena
    harlylena Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That was motivating enough for me to send the friend request :)
  • realhousewife_windsor
    Options
    you can add me if you want, i started on tuesday and im looking to lose 100 lbs
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    PLEASE ADD ME TO YOR FRIENDS LIST WE ALL NEED SUPPORT
  • gfunkamo
    Options
    You've done fantastically well!

I'm not being as strict on myself as you are! Maybe I need a kick up the backside!!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    Thank you to all for your support and allowing me to be friends! I look forward to finishing my journey with a group of like-minded individuals!
  • PinkZinnias
    Options
    I just joined last week and I'm really excited about reaching my goal. I want to lose about 70 lbs. and your weight loss inspires me! Amazing job! I have lost and gained for years and I'm ready to lose it for good this time! Please add me and we can help each other reach our goals!
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. : )

Jeff
  • fink21061
    fink21061 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Im not new to the site but still looking for some friends. I did this last year and loved the site but life got in the way with very sick relatives and trying to just help my other family members and that was more important. Now Im starting back up. To those of you new you will love this site. It did help me so much but with helping family out of state that ment a lot of fast food for me and that is where I slowly gained back what I had lost. I am more motivated now than ever. Cant wait till spring.
  • Khadesia
    Options
    Hi Mary Ann! I'll add you :D Very inspiring.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!