Insanity knee pain HELP!

Options
Hi! I am on week 3 of insanity and my knee pain has been getting much worse. Today I woke up and the pain in pretty much constant when walking. ugh! Also a lot of the area around the knee hurts as well. I am taking re-liv daily along with Glucosamine Sulfate and fish oil because I thought that would help. I am wearing good shoes the only thing I don't have is a jump mat but I don't want to spend $90 or whatever they are through Beach Body. Any suggestions? I really hate to drop it. I am also a runner and haven't been able to run at all since starting insanity. My body is used to running 3-5 miles 4-5 times a week plus turbo fire so i'm not really sure why I'm having problems. I think my form is pretty good! HELP! Thanks:frown:

Replies

• AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I guess my biggest question is will my body adjust? I have never quit anything but I don't want to have to quit running either. I have two neighbors who have finished this program and I am in much better shape than them (not trying to be rude), so I'm really just confused.
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Doing Insanity kinda messed up my knees too. Are you doing it on carpet? I found a lot of the problem was twisting motions with my shoes on carpet, my shoes were sticking and my knees were getting jerked - make sure to pick up your feet!
    I know you say you have good form, so I don't know what else to tell you! Form checks - when you are landing plyo moves make sure you never land straight legged and make sure that your knees are never past your toes in a squat position.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Insanity is an intense program. If you're having bad knee pain I'd suggest cutting back, maybe doing it every other day instead of every day like the program suggests. Insanity is when a stress fracture appeared in my foot, so if you are having pain I'd suggest easing up to take care of yourself.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I tried to run and do Insanity 2 years ago. That was a no-go for the same reason, knee pain. That, and I just don't have the space in my home to do it. I decided to stick with running because it was done outdoors.
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Got a neighbor to lend me a tumbling mat :)! I'm going to push through this week
  • eatlift
    eatlift Posts: 113
    Options
    Take care of that knee, stay off it as long as possible!