Snack Ideas

Options
I am in desperate need of good snack ideas. I normally eat oatmeal and a banana around 10:00am as my morning snack but its a high in calories for my liking. Today I switched to a cup of pineapple's and a 4oz light & fit yogurt but Its only been only 45 minutes and I'm starving. I need ideas of low calorie snacks that will actually keep my belly full for at least 2 hours. Any ideas?

Replies

• courtneylynn789
    Options
    Try eating a handful of almonds. They will keep you full longer and give you a little something crunchy too! :smile:
  • erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My snack food I stick to at work is pretzels. It's 180 cals for an entire single serving bag of pretzels. It takes me over an hour to eat an entire bag because it fills me so much and I don't get hungry until hours afterwards. It makes any junk food cravings go away. Just make sure to drink a lot of water while you're eating them so the salt doesn't make you retain a lot of water weight.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    small handful of almonds or an apple will fill you up. try popcorn chips too...20 chips 120 calories. lots of water. hard boiled eggs are 70 calories. baby carrots...very low calorie and filling. good luck
  • jandyanj
    jandyanj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    egg whites with lots of veggies/salsa on a High Fiber (100 calories or less) is very filling

100 calorie bag almonds with piece of fruit

they say if you eat protein with a carb it helps
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of fruit and almonds or sunflower seeds. carrots and cucumbers are also good, or pretzel rods with some hummus or alone!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Blue Diamond Wasabi Soy Almonds if you want to eat something with a little more flavor than plain almonds.

Also, have you ever thought about swapping the light and fit for greek yogurt? It has more protein and really is more filling than regular yogurt, I like Oikos and Fage brands.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Try eating a handful of almonds. They will keep you full longer and give you a little something crunchy too! :smile:
    thats what I'm doing as I type this. a handful of almonds early morning snack, a protien shake late morning. An apple after lunch workout and a protien shake before i go home. helps me keep from overeating supper...
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    How about keeping your oatmeal (if you really like it) and just switching your banana to mixed berries? Half a cup of mixed fresh berries is less than half the amount of calories of a medium banana! Then the oatmeal keeps you full but you're reducing your caloric intake! :) Good luck! The other thing I like is yogurt with All Bran Buds. The fiber in the buds fills you up and you get the crunch from them and the sweetness of the yogurt!
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Light nonfat yogurt 6oz 80 calories
    handful of almonds
    applesauce
    fruit cup
    fresh fruit (apple, grapes, banana, peach, orange)
    carrot sticks
    dry cereal (kashi GoLean, Special K, Cheerios)
    hard boiled egg
  • kellyc3
    kellyc3 Posts: 95
    Options
    bump
  • LeiaBeekley
    LeiaBeekley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Greek Yogurt but this is something I will def. try. Thanks
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    As a general rule protein keeps me full longer.
    Greek yogurt, nuts (spicy almonds, roasted soy nuts, sunflower seeds), string cheese, cottage cheese, protein shake, protein bar, apple with PB2....

Fruit rarely keeps me full for more than 30 minutes, so I usually add it to a meal/snack rather than eat it alone for a snack.