Need help with feeling fuller for longer

Options
I cant stop eating at the minute. Nothing seems to be filling me up and its starting to get annoying.

Any ideas what I could eat that will make me feel full or any suppliments/shakes that might work please????

Replies

• PaulS70
    PaulS70 Posts: 70
    Options
    High quality fats tend to do the trick for me. Eggs, almonds, organic peanut butter, avacados and yes even evil evil bacon. Only takes a little bit of each to fill me and keep me full.
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein. Try soya yoghurt/dessert for snacks.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    High quality fats tend to do the trick for me. Eggs, almonds, organic peanut butter, avacados and yes even evil evil bacon. Only takes a little bit of each to fill me and keep me full.

I agree. Things I love that keep me going are peanut butter or mashed avocado on whole grain toast; peanut butter on a banana; an egg and a piece of whole grain toast; handful of almonds or any other nut of your choice; Greek yogurt and granola or fruit...I tend to need a combo of carbs and protein to fill me up, generally protein alone doesn't do the trick. The healthy fats in nuts, nut butters, avocado, etc. help to make you feel full and satiated. Fiber in whole grain bread or in fruit (especially blueberries, raspberries...both high in fiber) will also help fill you up.
  • meg_jesse
    Options
    Thanks all, going to have to do something as I had a full Sunday Roast yesterday and still felt hungry after.
    Its not like me to feel this hungry, aaahhhhh
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    water, water and high fiber foods!!!! Water Water if you are full on water u can't stick anything else in there without feeling like you will gag and your stomach will not growl and scream at you.
  • Eat more protien and healthy fats!
  • Shootr
    Shootr Posts: 6
    Options
    V-8 juice. Get the low sodium, but I chug a whole 64oz bottle each day, a swig or two every time I get a pang. I don't eat veggies any other way so it kills two birds with one stone.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    For me, carbs + water actually does the trick. A granola bar or some toast plus a big glass of water and I'm happy for a few hours.
  • MadeInDR022
    Options
    Veggies, fruits, water. I think that does it for me.
  • determinedsocialworker
    Options
    I was going through a stage of that and when I was showing my trainer my food log, I commented on it. She reviewed, and said that I had been having too many carbs and that day I was starving I had decreased my carbs but not replaced them with enough. She told me I was basically going through some sort of carb withdrawal and the best way was to really monitor my carb intake better (total work in progress...damned delicious carbs), and to replace it with the things everyone mentioned.. more protein, veggies, good fats, etc... Just found that an interesting perspective because I knew I ate too many carbs, but didn't realize the whole withdrawal bit.. Hope you feel full sometime soon. *L*
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    Greek Yogurt and milled flax seed. I just had 1/2c yogurt and 2 tbsp of milled flax seed, and I swear, if I ever eat again, it will be to soon!! Its very filling, and super healthy for you. Throw some fresh fruit in there for some good flavour too.
  • hey_nikki
    hey_nikki Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem. A while back I found PGX, its a plant fiber supplement. Dr. OZ recommends it. They recommend taking 2 tablets with each meal, but I take one and it keeps me full until my next meal. I got a giant bottle at Costco for 30$. I still have the same bottle and that was 3 months ago.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Something else...when you first start eating at a deficit and your body notices the reduced input, you are more hungry feeling than usual.

To counteract this, I suggest having many healthy, low calorie snacks availabe to eat. Raw veggies, a hard boiled egg, greek low-free yogurt, nuts such as almonds or adameme (but be careful, these are high in fat/calories), berries or other fruit are some suggestions. Plan a snack every 2 hours and eventually, your body will get used to less food. Also, try drinking water when you first feel the hunger pangs, and then, when they come back, have a snack. Personally, I load up my dinners with veggies to help fill me up on lower calories. I avoid any processed carbs as they vanish too quickly, leaving me starving again (and even more hungry than before).
  • KAbena
    KAbena Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Protein always does it for me! Eggs particularly. Watch the cholesterol level though.