water issue

Options
What are some great ideas to get your water intake up ? I hate drinking water any ideas will help

Replies

• pixieakabigd
    Options
    Do you like sparkling water? I find it with ice and a slice of lemon really refreshing!
  • avesoriano
    Options
    Ive heard of carbonated water. I havent tried it though
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    In Ireland, we call it sparkling water but it might called something different elsewhere. Water by Evian or Perrier?
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Use a water bottle thats fun to drink and sip it whenever you get bored. I have a water "bobble" which is a cute bottle with a filter built in which comes in a few different colors. My boyfriend has a really tall one that you dont have to tip to drink out of. There are so many cool inventions for water bottles. Also, try mixing Crystal Light or similar powder in with your water. Most powders are 0-20 calories and make your water taste like juice.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Drink tea
  • Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Carry the water bottle with you. If I am at home I have a water bottle with me and I find it easier to drink out of the bottle rather than a glass.

When I am at work I drink out of a straw which makes me seem to drink more as well. Plus, me and the girls have scheduled time that we go to the cafeteria for water so I know that I have to have my glass empty before going.

I have heard that people set their phones to go off with reminders to drink. Its easy to down an 8 oz glass of water with a few gulps every hour or so.

Try adding a little flavoring if that makes it easier for your.
  • noiva
    noiva Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm at my desk most of the day and can forget to drink. I taped a little sticky to the top of my monitor that says "WATER!" and any time I see it, I take a drink.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When i am in my car I take a sip at every red light. I also use Crystal Light... Love the wild strawberry and a squeeze of lemon!
    Crys
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    decaf black tea or green tea. or try drinking the water hot (i have a cold right now and i'm drinking hot water). the plastic cups w/ a straw actually DO make you drink more. add lemon or those new Mio things or Crystal Light. as long as you don't add caffine or sugar, do whatever you need to get that liquid in.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i simmer four green tea bags and dump all that in a gallon jug of water and then squeeze a half of lemon in and put the rinds in the jug..that jug stays with me all day ..i pour it in a drinking mug and drink it while driving or sitting at a desk and especially at the gym ..also with my meals unless im in a restaurant
  • bored4long
    bored4long Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I found as long as I have a water bottle with me at all times, I will usually consume all the water I need. Just try to keep water with you at all times and see if that helps.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    flavored sparkling water helps - just watch the aspartame. Same with MiO and Crystal light. These are my options when i want water but want a bit of flavor too.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I carry around a filter bottle so i can just refill it with my tap water (thanks to my sweet husband!)

You can put lemon or lime slices in it, or cucumber. Adds a little different taste. I drink at least 120 oz a day more if i workout! i also am not a big water drinker. i really like propel though so at first i would drink about 40 oz of water then a 16.9 oz propel zero and count it as my water intake (i know its not but it helped) then i moved it further and further every few days. I just bought some propel yesterday for the first time in weeks! (havent had it yet either)

crystal light is also a good one (i buy the off brand it tastes the same lol)

i really like the water bottle though because i can carry it everywhere (places i wouldnt take a regular glass) so i get A LOT more water in even though its a straw and its a little harder to suck up because of the filter. its worth it to me!
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I get flavors to add like Crystal Light or I really like the Great Value Fitness. They help me get my water in every day.
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    i dilute my iced tea & juice.. i add 1/4 cup of juice and add 1/2 cup of water to it. Juice and iced tea is just too consintrated for me, so it works for me. :drinker:
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Mio water thingies (http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/). They're 0 calories, and there's a new one (orange tangerine) that has B vitamins added. The black cherry one has a little bit of caffeine too.

I know it's all chemicals and that pure water is best, but for someone trying to make the switch from drinking soda and juice (bad juice, not good juice!) it's been really helpful for me.

Also, it makes great drink mixers (so you only have to worry about the calories in the alcohol!)
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    squeeze some lemon in it :)
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    you can also try "nuun" .. i hear its good: http://www.nuun.com/
  • Crawflowr
    Crawflowr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When at work I drink decaf tea at frequent intervals and now make a point of filling up my pint glass with water whenever I get a cup of tea, this helps me get the water in. I've still to get myself organised at home.
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am one who could not drink water unless I was real hot..in the winter forget it. I just didn't like water but I bought a plastic cup with a straw and I have found that I can drink 16 oz really fast with a straw. Try the straw...very amazed at how easy it made it.