Nearing 30, time to get fit and I need help!

Options
Hi! I'm Kimberly and *gulp* I turn 30 this year. I've been heavy all my life, but in the past 6 years its gotten really bad. I finally have confidence in myself, for everything except how I look. I am tired of hiding behind an extra person basically and I am ready to thin down so mr. right can actually see me, not all my fat. I always said that the right guy would see through my looks to find the beautiful person inside. But shouldn't I want to give the right guy a beautiful person on the outside too? And I'm tired of not getting parts in the local community theater because "acting- 8, singing-8, looks- 3" rediculous I say! I'm only creating obstacles for myself. So time to get rid of them, and enjoy my 30s in ways I never could enjoy my 20s. I want to go to the beach and be okay in a swim suit. I want to go shopping at the normal stores and wear cute clothes and shoes. I want to go for a hike in the beautiful forests I live in and not wonder how the hades I'm going to get back up the hill.

So I need some friends to help keep me motivated and accountable. I will gladly return the favor :-) I'm a happy, bubbly person 6 days a week, and the other day I usually avoid people so you won't have to deal with my crankiness. I'm a high school English/History/Speech/Theater/Business teacher (unemployed thanks to budget cuts atm) and I'm working on a masters in American History. I sub, craft, write, study, and make jewelry. I am also on the board of directors at the local community theater- I'm involved with every show that happens there- if not on stage (supporting cast. . .yay.) then backstage or selling tickets or something!

Replies

• MzWendi
    Options
    It sounds like we have a lot in common!! I also have been overweight my whole life and involved in theatre! I definately know what you're talking about and would love to friend you :)
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    Hey and welcome!

I'll be your friend :) You can do this.

Deborah
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! =)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Hello - just sent you a friend request....

I started my journey on january 1 2011 - my original goal was to lose 100lbs by my 30th birthday - which is in April of this year... I'm almost there. to date I've lost 98.2lbs. (woot woot!) start weight 303.4 -- current weight 205.2

If I can do it, anyone can do it. I made a complete transformation in the way I eat and the way I live. I've become a gym rat. the gym is one of my favorite places to be! I've done things this past year that I never thought I could....

Best of luck!! :)
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'll add you, as soon as I figure out how to do friend requests. lol. I'm kind of in the same boat as you, except I turned 30 back in August, and I feel like I wasted my 20's being fat and I want my 30's to be better. Also, I can totally sympathize with you on the "not getting parts" thing...I work in broadcasting and had to take a job in radio because I was told, repeatedly, I was "too big" to do TV broadcasting.
  • damccoll
    Options
    I'm new as of this morning as well and would be a pleasure to friend you. I'm 33 and looking to change my weight for health reasons, as well as I also want to shop in the good stores! lol
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing goal :) You can totally accomplish this. Start with small changes, you'll eventually overhaul the way that you look at food and meal planning! I would be glad to be your friend along the journey. You deserve all the things you want out of life...you just have to work hard for them!

Good luck!!! :)
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Lets be freinds, Lets be friends :flowerforyou: ...I am 1 1/2 years away from the big 30, and I too want to look better to find Mr. Right! Also beeen heavy my whole life!
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. You can do it!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'll add you, as soon as I figure out how to do friend requests. lol. I'm kind of in the same boat as you, except I turned 30 back in August, and I feel like I wasted my 20's being fat and I want my 30's to be better. Also, I can totally sympathize with you on the "not getting parts" thing...I work in broadcasting and had to take a job in radio because I was told, repeatedly, I was "too big" to do TV broadcasting.

click on her name and it will give you the option to add her as a friend :bigsmile:

and I can't believe you have been told that :noway:

If its ok I am going to send you a friend request
  • opalescentmirage
    Options
    I'm turning 30 this year as well. I've been on MFP since July and it has proven to be such a help on my journey. I wish you all the best!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll be 30 next year so in the same boat. Let's help each other stay on track - I'll be adding you.

Best wishes!
  • rjmwx81
    Options

click on her name and it will give you the option to add her as a friend :bigsmile:

Thanks! For some reason I couldn't figure it out. I blame it on the fact that it's Monday. lol
  • tairakiel
    Options
    This is a really great place to connect with others having a common interest! I actually am creeping up on 40 and have really gotten busy with trying to look great before I get that bouquet of black balloons. ;)

The first step is deciding to make a difference. That's one of the biggest steps. Then hardest step is finding a game plan that works for you and sticking with it. I am an honorably discharged US Marine with 8 years in service and I know PT and proper diet habits as well as discipline, however, as life has gone by, it seems easier to keep a plan that is already developed for me. I'm a Team Beachbody coach and LOVING the products as they don't let you starve and the P90X Classic work out is proving results every day.

Good luck girl and add me if you like. I'll do my best to be part of your motivation support group!!
  • Nightenbelle
    Options

Thanks! For some reason I couldn't figure it out. I blame it on the fact that it's Monday. lol

Looks are a fact of life when you are in anything entertainment. I just got told last night- "Your voice was perfect, your acting was great, but then this other girl walked in and she sounded just like Patsy Cline and looked like her too." (We're doing Always Patsy Cline at the theater). So if I was smaller- I probably would have got the part because I would have looked more like Patsy, and I am not brand new to the theater- they know i'm not a flake. Great, just great. Right now the only parts I'm good for are from hairspray and hello dolly. No thank you- I want to be a romantic lead and dag nab it by the next time we have musicals- I WILL BE!
  • rjmwx81
    Options
    Looks are a fact of life when you are in anything entertainment. I just got told last night- "Your voice was perfect, your acting was great, but then this other girl walked in and she sounded just like Patsy Cline and looked like her too." (We're doing Always Patsy Cline at the theater). So if I was smaller- I probably would have got the part because I would have looked more like Patsy, and I am not brand new to the theater- they know i'm not a flake. Great, just great. Right now the only parts I'm good for are from hairspray and hello dolly. No thank you- I want to be a romantic lead and dag nab it by the next time we have musicals- I WILL BE!

Sounds like good motivation to me. :) Now you've just got to keep it in mind when you're tempted not to work out, or to eat something you shouldn't.
  • fameyjo
    fameyjo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yay for deciding to make a change!!! It's a wonderful feeling and even better when you start to see the results!!!

1892293.png