Old Pictures :(

Options
Does anyone ever get depressed looking at old photos and seeing how thin you used to be? I think that's what makes me lose my motivation...I think "ill never be that weight again" and get depressed I got to the point I'm at now.
I used to be thin, not stick thin but comfortably slim, all my life. Then college happened and..well..yeah :-P. It also depressed me seeing people from high school who used to he bigger than me be smaller than me now because they lost weight!

Anyone have any advice, or the same problems? Looking to support others and to be supported :)

Replies

• kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I do understand what you're saying, but can you turn it around? Those pictures are your goal, make them your motivation, "I want to look like that again, I was there, I can do it again!"

You CAN do it!
  • Melk967
    Melk967 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Most people just tell me my metabolism has changed and ill never be able to be "high school skinny" again. I'm just having so many issues getting past losing 5 lbs. That's the max I've ever lost, and I gained it back. I don't know if I should focus on toning rather than weight loss? I'm actually at a healthy weight, but very close to bordering on overweight
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Maybe focus on cross training, building muscles, it can't hurt, helps you burn more calories as the day goes by and such. As for the last 5lbs, I've heard switching it up can help, your body becomes efficient at exercise, especially cardio.

Good luck!