Ladies 5'2 1300-1400 calories?

Options
Anyone out there eatting between 1300-1400 calories at 5'2 - 5'1?
I'm trying to do something different, when I first started I only ate 1200 calories and was always hungry, and failed. So I've uped to 1300 but curious what others have noticed when they went to 1400.
Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Carrie704
    Carrie704 Posts: 176
    Options
    maybe they have more physical activity? or a larger frame?
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a little taller than you at just over 5'3, but I am strangly confused that I have been under 1200 calries a day.

Some things that I enjoy eating for snacks are:
    Kellogg's crackers w/ a laughing cow wedge of cheese
    apple
    celery dipped into salsa
    Fiber One chewy granola bars

Hope some of these help you!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I thik 1300-1400 is still low and definitely enough of a deficit to lose! Do you workout,how much do you have to lose?
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My work out plans change frequently, I'm horrible with this because of shift work(I know not an excuse), and I have about 30 more pounds to lose.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I usually eat around 1400-1500 cals per day. Recently I dropped down to 1300 but I consider that temporary. You have to figure out what works for you within the realm of what is healthy. If you go much lower than 1400 in my opinion it's much harder to stay full and get all the nutrients you need. Try a higher protein, lower processed food approach to make sure you stay full and get your daily nutrition. Personally when I went from 1200 to 1500 I didn't gain an ounce.
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Alright, Thanks everyone for your help. I think I got a few good ideas to try and figure out!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and eat 1700-1800 and lose, but I'm pretty active and have alot of lean mass for my frame (yay for metabolism-increasing muscles :heart: )
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and eating 1480 net calories to maintain. I ate all my exercise calories back when I was exercising regularly.
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my MFP calorie goal is set to 1340. I haven't had any problems with that and have been eating 3 meals plus snacks. If I do go over it is easily taken care of with exercise. If you want to PM me we can talk about my meals. I think it also helps that I use a meal planner and her meals are planned with WW in mind. :) (Which I don't do WW so I don't know anything about thier "points" but the meals are healthy and that is all that matters.)
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and have been eating 1400 cals a day and even though I just started back on MFP I lost 2.4 lbs last week and I didn't incorporate any excercise into that so hoping to do better this week and stay on track with the 2lb a week goal. When I did this before I only allowed myself 1200 cals and would barely lose half a pound a week. Good luck finding what works for you!
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and initially put that I wanted to lose 1.5 lbs per week and it put me at 1200 calories. I too was really hungry and just was famished when I got home, I ate everything that was in site plus some. I always seemed to go over. So, I went into my profile setting and changed it to lose 1lb per week and now I'm up to 1600 calories. I am doing much better with this than I was before. I also weigh 235 and hope to lose 100 lbs.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Good Luck!!

I'm now able to finally work out again.. so I can't wait to add the extra calories to my diet from working out. I haven't been able to work out for several months. Almost 8 I think.
  • angelswank
    angelswank Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I eat 1200 cal a day and I exercise regularly and I don't ever really feel hungry. I try to eat healthy so I can eat more. I don't deprive myself I just look for a healthier way to cook what I want.
  • dalejackson
    Options
    I'm 5'2', and I've noticed it's UNREASONABLE to eat only 1200 calories per day. I would get discouraged because I had to work out just to eat dinner. So I increased my calories to 1350, which, to me, still seems like a low enough number, but more realistic.

My husband's nutritionist said something interesting to him a few weeks ago: She has him eating all natural, whole foods (nothing processed, no added surgars, etc), and he went to her with a concern about "staying under his calories". She said something along the lines of "Do you really think that if you eat more than 2000 calories of BROCOLLI that you're going to GAIN weight?"

So I think the point here is quality, not quantity. You can eat 1200 calories of CRAP and be in worse shape than if you ate 1500 calories of all natural, whole foods. That's what I got out of it, anyway...
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2... if I tried going on only 1200 I would starve, really really starve. I up'd my calorie intake to 1500, I only pay attention to reaching the 1500 don't even think it twice to consume what is given back to me for working out. I do pay much attention to the carbs, fats, cholesterol, and sodium I am consuming - usually i stay within the number (USUALLY)

Before I started MFP my intake was close to 1900