Increasing calorie limit

Have you ever did it ? Have it worked for you ? How long you've been doing it till your weight started moving down ?

My weight is stuck for 2 months now :sad: i tried everything and now its time to try increasing calories :wink:

Replies

• hifidi
    hifidi Posts: 2 Member
    When my weight seemed "stuck," I just kept plugging away and eventually the numbers on the scale moved. Try changing the foods you are eating or the exercise you are doing for the better (eat more vegetables, exercise more).
  • Alicja_W
    Alicja_W Posts: 169
    When my weight seemed "stuck," I just kept plugging away and eventually the numbers on the scale moved. Try changing the foods you are eating or the exercise you are doing for the better (eat more vegetables, exercise more).

The thing is i tried it already and it havent worked :( do you think increasing calories may help ?
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Yes, you should increase your calories. You do not seem to be eating enough. Many days in the last week you didn't even get to 1200 calories. Try eating AT LEAST 1200 calories and eat at least 1/2 of your exercise calories back.
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 380 Member
    Alot of people have told me if your goal calorie intake is 1200 & you burn 300+ calories in a day you should up your calorie intake a little so you arent sending your body into starvation mode but still burning off calories you know...
  • CiciPorcayo
    & if I were you cut out whole milk....and add more vegetables to your diet. fruit too!
  • Alicja_W
    & if I were you cut out whole milk....and add more vegetables to your diet. fruit too!

can i change it skimmed milk ? i just need to have it almost everyday im just used to it :/
  • SarahMorganP
    If whole milk fits in your calorie limit and you like it there is no reason to stop drinking it.
  • CiciPorcayo
    There is a reason they give babies whole milk & then after a certain age change it to 2% there is too much fat in it and it isn't neccesary to drink whole milk unless you really have to. Skimmed, Fat Free and 2% are just as good an not as fattening or calorie filling. Imagine whole milk in coffee... in cereal...in smoothies.... in protein shakes... 130+ calories you could use on something else?
  • SarahMorganP
    There is a reason they give babies whole milk & then after a certain age change it to 2% there is too much fat in it and it isn't neccesary to drink whole milk unless you really have to. Skimmed, Fat Free and 2% are just as good an not as fattening or calorie filling. Imagine whole milk in coffee... in cereal...in smoothies.... in protein shakes... 130+ calories you could use on something else?

Sure if you wanted to eat something with those calories. If you really like it though you should drink it...in moderation just like anything else.
  • Alicja_W

Sure if you wanted to eat something with those calories. If you really like it though you should drink it...in moderation just like anything else.

yeah its just i really like it, but skimmed milk is fine for me :)