Friends for Motivation

Options
Hi all! I am relatively new to MFP and I'm looking for friends to keep myself motivated. I am 25, married with 2 kiddos under 4. In the last year and a half, I have moved from my hometown to my husband's hometown. This was a difficult move for me - it's a small town with many friendship circles already formed and they aren't really willing to let an "outsider" in. I have my husband and his family for support in my weight loss journey but I'd like a bigger support group to keep me on track. I am wanting to lose 35-40 lbs. My family has a lot of health issues and I don't want to fall victim to those things so I am making myself a healthier person. I am also starting a gluten free lifestyle in the near future (In the process of testing now) so that's a challenge on top of my weight loss. Any friends to help keep motivation would be great!

Replies

• wendyt77
    wendyt77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find lots of support on here! Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • livingaloha
    Options
    I can always use more friends! Welcome to fitnesspal, you will find alot of good support here. I am realtively new here too and am amazed by the support and inspiration I find from the members here. Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • THINandFABULOUS
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I understand that moving to a new place and starting over is a big transition. Hopefully, you'll be able to make new friends and find a great support community here on mfp. Good luck on this transition into a healthier lifestyle. I support your commitment and I believe you can do it. Best wishes!
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!
  • puzwuz1
    puzwuz1 Posts: 42
    Options
    Feel free to add me! =)
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Feel free to add me to your friend list.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am relatively new to MFP and I'm looking for friends to keep myself motivated. I am 25, married with 2 kiddos under 4. In the last year and a half, I have moved from my hometown to my husband's hometown. This was a difficult move for me - it's a small town with many friendship circles already formed and they aren't really willing to let an "outsider" in. I have my husband and his family for support in my weight loss journey but I'd like a bigger support group to keep me on track. I am wanting to lose 35-40 lbs. My family has a lot of health issues and I don't want to fall victim to those things so I am making myself a healthier person. I am also starting a gluten free lifestyle in the near future (In the process of testing now) so that's a challenge on top of my weight loss. Any friends to help keep motivation would be great!

I just sent you a request! Welcome to the site!
  • SickofBeingChub
    Options
    GOOD LUCK! Today is my first day as well with this app... but i started a blog a few months ago to track my progress. Its pretty hilarious and should lend you some support!

http://www.sickofbeingchub.com/

-Ashley
  • ts1122
    ts1122 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And good luck to you all! We can do this :)
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! Feel free to add me!! We can help each other!